Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Wiibrew Wiki HackMii Blog

Advanced

Easy Wii Linux: Instant PC

Posted by linus 
Re: Easy Wii Linux: Instant PC
October 20, 2012 04:29PM
October 21, 2012 10:00PM
When connecting to the Wii an USB external hard drive featuring music and video files, can somehow this Linux be utilized as an UPnP server? Or at least, as a regular file server, seeing the USB disk as a shared network folder, accessible from Windows or Android?
Any clues?
Kernel panic
November 07, 2012 07:14PM
November 13, 2012 03:10AM
November 21, 2012 07:00AM
Easy Wii Linux: Tutorials and help.
November 23, 2012 10:07PM
November 29, 2012 03:52AM
@gamax92 nice tips. Thanks for your contributions.
February 26, 2013 10:27PM
I'm wondering if I can use something like this to be able to play MUDs like aardwolf. Does anyone know if that would be possible?
February 28, 2013 04:44PM
March 02, 2013 08:35PM
I found that you can just run telnet in the terminal and connect to aardwolf that way. For anyone that might play it, you will probably want to make the background of the terminal black and the foreground white to make it readable. I can't seem to get my settings to permanently save for .Xresources or .Xdefault if anyone could help with that i would greatly appreciate it. Also i'm not sure i get some of the previous comments... is there a way to increase the ram? Thanks
Re: Easy Wii Linux: Tutorials and help.
March 20, 2013 03:10AM
March 20, 2013 08:42AM
It is quite possible that Android does not include the necessary binaries. Android is not a full Linux installation, and as such does not include every tool that a regular Linux installation will include. My advice would be just do it on a regular Linux distro (run it in a virtual machine if you don't want to install as second OS on your computer just for this).
March 20, 2013 07:50PM
I should have specified that I was running CyanogenMod 7.1. That ROM actually had the tools necessary included, otherwise I would have gotten a "command not found" message. Each command actually responded and ran properly, there was just.....no effect on the file.
April 04, 2013 12:08AM
April 14, 2013 01:37AM
im trying to install it using a usb stick. can it be a FAT, or will the whole thing fail altogether?
July 01, 2013 08:12PM
I'm using this build but instead of using the kernel and .img as they are I decided to dd it to an ext2 partition and use it as a normal filesystem with Farter's vfb kernel. It works AWESOMELY well. Has to be the easiest way to get a Debian 6 installation. I've got a lot of space so I run XFCE and have moved swap to my external HDD.
Thanks for taking the time to set Squeeze up. I tried to upgrade my Lenny install but I got a lot of errors.
Might try upgrading this to Wheezy though... just to see if it will
July 20, 2013 09:42PM
I have downloaded the Linux folder twice now and the .elf file doesn't find necessary files in the .img file, and when I inspect the .img file on my computer, I get a message saying the file is corrupted. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Will the DVD function work on the newer Wii's?
July 22, 2013 07:35PM
July 22, 2013 07:46PM
I need a Windows guide for that.
July 23, 2013 03:57PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login