Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Wiibrew Wiki HackMii Blog

Advanced

Mainline linux kernel, working on wii?

Posted by nouboh 
Mainline linux kernel, working on wii?
April 09, 2012 06:32PM
Hello!
I'm trying to compile a newer version of the linux kernel for my wii because I'm having problems with the pegasus2 driver used by my usb to ethernet device (random kernel panics and crashes) but I only can get working the version 2.6.32 with mikep5 patches. Are not included all the patches in the mainline kernel?
I don't have any problem with my crosscompiling tools and even the wii seems to be executing kernel code, the blue led flashes, but I cannot see anything in the TV neither connect by ssh. I compiled them using my old .config and the default one (for wii) included in the kernel tree.
I tried a lot of different versions newer than 2.6.32 always with the same results, I am missing something?

Thanks!
Re: Mainline linux kernel, working on wii?
December 28, 2012 10:14AM
January 26, 2013 06:18PM
February 14, 2013 04:21PM
February 15, 2013 12:55PM
I am working on it too, for my wii linux distro and experience the same problem. Any new information will be greatly appreciated.
February 24, 2013 06:15AM
For those who may be interested, I've been working on forward porting the Mini Kernel Preview Five Wii/Gamecube patch to more recent Kernels. Currently, I've been mostly successful in porting everything in it that's not already merged in the mainline 3.0.y Kernel and it boots successfully with the except of GPIO support. I think I know what the issue is, but It'll likely still be about another week before I can release it publically as I still need to debug a few things first. As my programming knowlege is quite limited in "C", I'll eventually need someone to review my changes. Probably the easiest way to do this would be through Git/Github. I'll try to post here before the end of the month again when I have more information.
February 28, 2013 04:57PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login