Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cheats format, adding hooktypes

Posted by Slimmmmmm 
Cheats format, adding hooktypes
June 20, 2011 04:52PM
I doubt anyone will be interested in my idea.

When using cheats for a game it can sometimes take a long time, you might set it all up, load a game, wait until a long intro or video has passed to then find out the hooktype is wrong. Sometimes you might go through this a few times until the correct hooktype is applied.

So, at first I thought It would be a good idea to make a list for working hooktypes, but then looking at the options available for tools that can apply cheats I realised the only best way to do this would be to include the hooktype in the file itself.

It could be read and applied auto.

EG
---------
RXPE00
Game Name Here
[HOOK=1]

Description of the cheat below [creator of cheat etc]
43000300 82001000
00A5F017 000FFF0A
08A5A18C F000FFFF
200F0004 0FFF0000

Some cheats work with more than 1 hooktype iirc. Now I must stress I know how to make cheats and use them, or edit them but I never really use them so I am sure other people who use them more often can improve this idea. The creators of cheats would know what hooktypes to use a lot of the time so it could be done on the creating of them.

It could end all questions regarding hooktypes and a huge amount of man hours in reality.

I really hope some people who are more involved in making cheats, apps that use them or even just people that use them often can post what they think, how to make it even better or come up with a better system.

I know it would be a large task for every app to adopt code and all the cheat DBs to be re-edited, but once it was adopted as a standard things would be easier and more pro imho.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/20/2011 04:52PM by Slimmmmmm.
Re: Cheats format, adding hooktypes
June 20, 2011 06:50PM
As someone who doesn't use or create cheats, I'm curious...will one hooktype work for all cheats on one game, or do different cheats require different ones?
Re: Cheats format, adding hooktypes
June 23, 2011 06:10PM
In my very limited use of them the ones compiled on any single .txt always use the same hooktype. Maybe there are exceptions, I've no idea. They do differ from game to game a lot though.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login