Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Is it possible to swap the enitre white Wii hardware into a black shell?

Posted by 4.0u 
Is it possible to swap the enitre white Wii hardware into a black shell?
June 29, 2010 04:25AM
Is the molding the same? Or should I just swap the drive only? Does firmware really matter anymore? Thanks!
Re: Is it possible to swap the enitre white Wii hardware into a black shell?
June 29, 2010 05:09AM
I believe you can replace the shell, but the internal battery's that outer part next to the serial number with the screw. That part will be white. Or, for a fee (unless you have homebrew, where this part is null), you can send both units to Nintendo and have them transfer the data.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/29/2010 05:10AM by Mestizo.
June 29, 2010 07:46AM
Well I always planned on getting the black version. I was just going to look into new softmods, but I noticed that the DVD drive has changed.

Does the firmware version even matter? If not, I'll just change the DVD drive only.
June 29, 2010 08:11AM
Well, first off, unless you know what you're doing, NEVER disassemble your Wii.

The firmware doesn't matter, but if you want Homebrew Channel, you need 4.2 or lower. If your Wii does not have homebrew already, you can ship both units to Nintendo and have them do it.
June 29, 2010 08:32AM
I'm sure its not too hard to disassemble the Wii. I just don't want to go through disassemble process if the cases aren't identical. My white Wii is firmware 3.2 with HBC and the black system is still at the store right now, so I'm sure it'll have the latest version.
June 29, 2010 09:36AM
I'm fairly certain they have the same cases
June 29, 2010 12:48PM
It's apparently very easy to swap the disc drives, probably easier than swapping the whole case, although if you want to keep your data from your original Wii, you'll need to do some stuff.

First up, get SaveGame Manager MOD and dump all your savegames to your SD card
Then install BootMii (doesn't matter if it's boot2 or IOS) and make a NAND dump
Use ShowMiiWads to load the BootMii NAND dump, and make a WAD of each of your bought channels

On new Wii, use SaveGame Manager MOD to reinstall all savegames
Then use a WAD installation tool (can't be named here as it is usually used for piracy) to reinstall all your channels.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login