Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

LD error, HELP!

Posted by Matando 
LD error, HELP!
August 22, 2008 05:49PM
I'm trying to port cyassl to wii. I changed the network code to corrospond with and everything, but when it starts to build the libraries i get thiese errors.

powerpc-gekko-gcc -I/c/devkitPro/libogc/include -g -O2 -Wall -DGEKKO -mrvl -mcpu
=750 -meabi -mhard-float -o test test.o  -L/c/devkitPro/Projects/cyassl/ctaocryp
t/src -lm ../../src/.libs/libcyassl.a
c:/devkitpro/devkitppc/bin/../lib/gcc/powerpc-gekko/4.2.3/../../../../powerpc-ge
kko/lib/rvl.ld:389: undefined symbol `_start' referenced in expression
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make[2]: *** [test] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/c/devkitPro/Projects/cyassl/ctaocrypt/test'
make[1]: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/c/devkitPro/Projects/cyassl/ctaocrypt'
make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1

can someone help me out. also here is the packd up source code in case you want to take a look.

Password for archive is "wiibrew".
cyassl

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2008 08:08PM by Matando.
Re: LD error, HELP!
August 22, 2008 10:16PM
need to add LDFLAGS and LIBS to your Makefile or reconfigure with them as part of the command.

I added this to the cyassl\ctaocrypt\test\Makefile and cyassl\ctaocrypt\benchmark\Makefile

LDFLAGS = -g -mrvl -mcpu=750 -meabi -mhard-float -Wl,-Map,$(notdir $@).map
LIBOBJS = 
LIBS =  -L$(DEVKITPRO)/libogc/lib/wii -logc -lz -lm

and then you won't get the error about undefined reference to _start, but it will fail trying to build
cyassl\examples\client\client.c
In file included from client.c:3:
../test.h:23:23: error: netdb.h: No such file or directory
../test.h:24:28: error: netinet/in.h: No such file or directory
../test.h:25:27: error: arpa/inet.h: No such file or directory
../test.h:26:27: error: sys/ioctl.h: No such file or directory
../test.h:29:28: error: sys/socket.h: No such file or directory

So either remove the building of the examples files or update the code to use libogc headers etc.

Troy(GPF)
August 23, 2008 10:37PM
thanks, built perfectly :)
December 31, 2008 04:36AM
Hi!

We just released a new version of Cyassl that is more stable than the one you guys worked on this summer. We'd also like to change the base code to always cleanly compile on wii, so please send us any further feedback you have to support at yassl dot com. The new release is available at: [www.yassl.com]. We're also looking for people in the wiibrew community that are interested in collaborating with us on getting yaSSH, our new SSH implementation, running on the wii.
December 31, 2008 10:54PM
wow, I'd like to help, this would be great for making a web program(browser/email/im/etc) for the wii. Lol, I started the topic about 4 months ago, but it's okay.

anyways drop me a pm or email (matand009@gmail.com) and I'll help you out. This should turn out good in the end :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login