Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Home button menu

Posted by DimensionWarped 
Home button menu
August 04, 2008 11:59PM
I'm sure this question has been asked before, but is there any way of accessing and using the Wii's standard home menu? I haven't seen any homebrew thus far to do that, and I'm wondering if it's something that would be accessed in a similar way to any other recurring Wii functionality like the channel graphics for wads.

I'm probably missing something fundamental here eh?
Re: Home button menu
August 05, 2008 12:23AM
That menu is actually included in the distribution of every program that uses it. Unfortunately, it is not just a system function we can call.

It may be possible to use, but it's not exactly a good idea to include/require Nintendo code for our homebrew programs. Perhaps we should make a homebrew version or something, though :)
August 05, 2008 12:48AM
Actually there is a GRRlib based lib that does a home button menu clone.
You can even have an operation guide.
August 05, 2008 03:10AM
I take it that the associated code for it is just part of the commercial SDK then eh?

I guess a homebrew mimicry of the same thing wouldn't be too hard to make... though it would be a pain in the ass to get people to adopt it as a standard. And you could add a button on screen to go back to the loader used rather than to the Wii main menu.

By the way, hi. I'm DW. I've taken an interest in Wii homebrew lately.
August 05, 2008 03:44AM
y halo thar DW

For the interested: [wii.softwareheadlines.com]

It's funny, because I was just thinking I'd need to make this for my own project, and was wondering the best way to make it pluggable due to all the varying game loop setups.
August 06, 2008 02:00AM
Hi,

try the lstdmenu [wiihomemenu.googlecode.com] i have made a while ago, soon wil be one update.

thx

bmic
August 06, 2008 02:01AM

Hi,try the lstdmenu [[url=http://wiihomemenu.googlecode.com/files/stdMenuBeta.rar]wiihomemenu.googlecode.com[/url]] i have made a while ago, soon wil be one update.thxbmic
Yeah that's what I was talking about in my other post.
August 06, 2008 02:06AM
the news was released in july 21st here: [www.dcemu.co.uk]

with explanation of the functions.

feel free fo any questions.

bmic
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login