Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

libogc function source code's

Posted by crazyrock 
libogc function source code's
June 18, 2009 09:51PM
hey
just a newb getting into the homebrew scene. I have everything setup on devkit. I was going over the provided eg. I am still not sure where to find the source codes for these libogc functions. are the function's somehow decompressed while compiling, through the .a files in C:\devkitPro\libogc\lib\wii. I prefer to look at the codes rather than read documentation if possible.
For eg. I tried to search GX_AbortFrame(), but I only found it in some header files. and i looked into [libogc.devkitpro.org] as well..without any luck
Re: libogc function source code's
June 18, 2009 09:53PM
Yes, it's a very good idea for you to look at the libogc source code. You'll find it on the devkitpro svn on sourceforge.
June 18, 2009 10:19PM
Btw, the .a files are not just archives, they contain the output of the compilation, the object code. It's more or less useless for you to try and make sense of that.
June 19, 2009 06:40AM
thx for the replies. by object code u mean, the executable right?
also is there a way to add code into libogc functions and test them?..like im trying to see what WPAD_ReadPending() does..i have an idea but i wanna confirm by throwing printf's within WPAD_ReadPending.
June 19, 2009 07:38AM
Yes, download libogc from the SVN and compile and install it.
June 19, 2009 10:57AM
[devkitpro.svn.sourceforge.net]
^ Direct URL string to check out with your favourite SVN client.
June 19, 2009 02:54PM
crazyrock
by object code u mean, the executable right?
Sorry, but no. I mean the object code before linking. It's not yet executable, since there are symbols that isn't bound yet.
June 19, 2009 06:07PM
Tantric
Yes, download libogc from the SVN and compile and install it.

ok..i am really confused. i dled the libogc files, but not sure how to compile and then install?. wat do u guys use to compile libogc..visual studio?
i was thinking of just replacing libogc folder in 'devkitpro' folder. sounds too easy to work..lol
June 19, 2009 08:27PM
Just go into the directory in a command prompt, and then use make and then make install to build and install the SVN libogc.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login