Wii programming competition
August 05, 2008 04:04AM
I would like to enter the Wii programming competition hosted by TehSkeen ( full info here [www.tehskeen.com]). Although from my experience, these work better with 2 people than any other, so if any one would like to colaborate with me on enter a piece of software that meets the competition guide lines, then post here and I'll look into it.

Oh and the competition deadline is 15th October if I recall correctly, so theres enough time for a solid piece of work.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/05/2008 04:06AM by WiiPhlex.
Re: Wii programming competition
August 05, 2008 08:16AM
The deadline is November 15th. Even more time :)

I thought my latest project would be perfect for the competition (and it may well be), but then I read that you're not allowed to release it to the public until the contest is over. So fuck it; I don't need a prize anyway :P
August 06, 2008 05:03AM
What do you have in mind? Kinda hard to say I'd like to get involved without knowing :P

Though I'm rather green under the gills at this anyway...
August 06, 2008 05:14AM
Currently I'm very flexable on my decision, although I had a game in mind, create a simple retro style 2D game similar in ways to manic miner, or create something a little more interesting, say a physics demo or create a photon tracer for the wii. I'm also very open to others ideas when it comes to selecting a project, there is still a lot of planning to do as well, so it doesn't bother me too much im entering for fun and for the chance at winning something.
August 06, 2008 05:41AM
id being willing to work with you, anything you want to do, im up for.

Now on my personal stand of things id like to get done:
A wii paint, or wii photoshop type thing(a decent one, the demo one isnt any good)
a 2d platformer, possibly similar to mario bros.
one of my higher ones wanted, a 2 player game, that works with the wii motion sensor, and make it, a fps, even if small.
another high, a sandbox game, i love these types of game.
an interactive buddy feature for the wii, with more things to buy and wat not.

and others, such as the one u talked about.

if you want to take my offer, just pm, and we can discuss the project then, if not, o well >.>
August 06, 2008 10:43PM
I would be glad to help.
My current idea's are:

Application: We could make a full file manager that did text, images, and music. It could even have an html renderer if we really worked on it. This one would be nice and it would be hard work but it would have a good chance of winning. Most people will go for games or Demos so there wouldn't be as much competition. All of the best apps have a release already.

Game: I was thinking of a 2D game that used the motion sensing and IR. Maybe a platformer or an arcade clone. It would be the first homebrew game of its kind. Also games get more prizes.

Demo: We could make a 3D engine and then make a demo that showed its awesomeness. I would love to this one but I don't know anything about 3D programming so it would be a learning experience.

PM me if you want me to work on the project with you.
August 06, 2008 11:03PM
I'd work with someone. I would most like to work on a platformer game that uses libwiisprite. If anyone's interested PM me. One condition: If you work with me you keep the prizes.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/06/2008 11:19PM by Arikado.
August 07, 2008 03:13AM
vader i like ur application idea, i think it be cool to add in not only a music player, and everything else, but think it be cool, if u could add a music overlay feature, wiht say like an emulator of your own, built in, one that plays simple games like solitare, minesweeper.
i guess im kinda describing like the beginning of a os, but wiht much less features, how difficult do u think that would be to do?
August 07, 2008 03:16AM
Would take some work, thats for sure, but its all running on a kernel that does half the work for you, I've built a linux and worked on the fedora project, and I have learned a lot about creating something that does all sorts or things. In the time frame we have, it may be difficult to get it to a state where there a few or no bugs in it.
That would not be the beginning of an os, its just an application that fits on top of the os.
August 07, 2008 09:24AM
vader347 Wrote:
-------------------------------------------------------
> I would be glad to help.
> My current idea's are:
>
> Application: We could make a full file manager
> that did text, images, and music. It could even
> have an html renderer if we really worked on it.
> This one would be nice and it would be hard work
> but it would have a good chance of winning. Most
> people will go for games or Demos so there
> wouldn't be as much competition. All of the best
> apps have a release already.
>
> Game: I was thinking of a 2D game that used the
> motion sensing and IR. Maybe a platformer or an
> arcade clone. It would be the first homebrew game
> of its kind. Also games get more prizes.
>
> Demo: We could make a 3D engine and then make a
> demo that showed its awesomeness. I would love to
> this one but I don't know anything about 3D
> programming so it would be a learning experience.
>
> PM me if you want me to work on the project with
> you.

Oh and about this, contact me at phlex.wii@gmail.com.
Thanks
August 07, 2008 08:27PM
Ohhh so many people are doing this...I wish I knew how to program... (stupid easy hello world example not working XP)
August 08, 2008 05:07PM
lol loldsfan, pm me, and i can help you get that working if you want.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login