Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

TPL and Transparency

Posted by holy_artefact 
TPL and Transparency
August 06, 2009 07:04PM
Hello everybody,

What I want to do is to display a sprite with transparent pixels on the texture of the cube in the 7th neHe GX lesson.
At first I thought I could just change the picture with another one with the same dimensions with transparent colors.
So I used the png format and replaced crate.bmp by crate.png and i changed the crate.scf to use the one with the .png.

But it don't seems to work, because the sprite have a solid black background where my pixels are "transparent".
So I thought that the pixel format of the .scf was wrong, but as I changed it it became worst.
I also tried to change the pixel format used by the program itself, but it changed nothing.
I searched the forums and someone talked about changing the blending mode but I didn't worked either.
There was also the function SetAlphaUpdate(GX_TRUE); but it changed nothing.

Maybe I missed something, or I have to use a particular setting of pixel format to get it work.
I don't want to use pngu or libpng because i just don't want png on my sd card or embedded it in my program. (by the way the examples in pngu doesn't seem to work with transparency when I tried it)

Maybe some help would be nice.
I'm really new to homebrew on the wii and even if I check the libwiisprite or GRRLib code to see how it works, I just can figure it out.
Thanks for you patience in advance.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login