Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Where do in place lib wii gui in devkitpro?

Posted by Swizler 
Where do in place lib wii gui in devkitpro?
August 21, 2009 02:27AM
Can someone help me since I am a noob at this stuff also are there any tutorials on coding for the wii?
Re: Where do in place lib wii gui in devkitpro?
August 21, 2009 05:36AM
Ok, this will work if you are using windows this will work, and it will probably also on any other machine.
find the root devkitpro dir. It is probably C:\devkitpro, then go to libogc, then you see 2 folders include and libs, Now open the dependencies file and move the files in the include directory to the include file in devkit pro. do the same with libs. now take the libwiigui source folder and put it in your source folder, and your done. Just make sure to change the main.cpp file to your own code.

You can find tutorials at codemii.com

If you are completely new to programming i would not recommend using libwiigui. I can't understand it. Try using libwiisprite. It is powerful, and a lot easier to use. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2009 05:36AM by g_man.
August 21, 2009 07:53AM
The technically exact answer is wherever you want to, as long you make sure to tell the linker and compiler where to look for the files.
August 21, 2009 11:38AM
g_man
If you are completely new to programming i would not recommend using libwiigui. I can't understand it. Try using libwiisprite. It is powerful, and a lot easier to use. :)

My first real wii project and c++ project used libwiigui and i understood it fine

btw, there is a getting started tut on wiibrew [wiibrew.org]
August 21, 2009 05:22PM
henke37
The technically exact answer is wherever you want to, as long you make sure to tell the linker and compiler where to look for the files.
how do i do that?also how do I add libraries in general?
Also shouldn't this forum have tutorials on wii coding?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/21/2009 05:23PM by Swizler.
August 21, 2009 09:11PM
You might want to read the manual for the linker. You do know what the linker does, right? I am going to pretend that you do. The flag that you want to look up is L, case matters.
August 21, 2009 10:34PM
libwiigui doesn't get added to devkitPRO. You put it in the "source" directory in your project that wants to use it.

I guess you could compile it into a library if you wanted to, but it's more flexible not to.
August 22, 2009 02:07AM
okay thank u also how do i start programming the wii
August 22, 2009 06:12AM
Do you have devkitPRO, you need that. Read tutorials at codemii.com. Start out with the hello world example from the devkitPro examples directory, build your way up from there. Make a few easy programs first. Like ones the count up and stop when you A and then resume when A is hit, to get the hang of it. Then start using libwiigui.
August 22, 2009 10:57AM
Swizler
I recommend learning how to code on an easier platform. Then when you think that you program, you start over and this time actually pay attention and doesn't just copy paste stuff. Once that is done, you can try programing for the Wii.
August 22, 2009 12:07PM
henke37
Swizler
I recommend learning how to code on an easier platform.

Make the programs that use command line as a UI since its very similar to starting on the wii, like basic c/c++ programming in windows or linux/mac but whitnesing your lack of understanding i doubt for you to be a linux user (no offence or anything its just that most linux users know a thing or two about programming)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/22/2009 12:13PM by SteelSLasher.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login