Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

how to install gl2gx ?

Posted by copete23 
how to install gl2gx ?
September 18, 2009 03:53PM
Hello, I recently Unloading the latest version of gl2gx, but I do not know how to install it on libogc :( , Can anyone explain to me how to install?

thanks ;)
Re: how to install gl2gx ?
September 18, 2009 06:26PM
you don't have to "install" anything. Just include the file with the rest of your project's source.
September 18, 2009 07:18PM
But I mean libogc integrate it with the files I've downloaded, contains the files for inclusion in, libogc / include, and I guess you have to generate other files, and thrown in the "lib", but I can not compile .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2009 07:18PM by copete23.
September 19, 2009 12:09AM
svn checkout [gl2gx.googlecode.com] gl2gx-read-only
cd gl2gx-read-only/gl2gx/
make
[this produces a *** No rule to make target ... '/libogc/Makefile']
mv libogc/makefile libogc/Makefile 
make
cp libogc/lib/wii/libgl2gx.a $DEVKITPRO/libogc/lib/wii
cp -r include/* $DEVKITPRO/libogc/include
That's all I had to do to install it. Note: the SVN is different from the download packages. If you don't like messing with your libogc dirs, you can install it anywhere you like, as long as you point to that install from your compile/link scripts.

Michael
September 19, 2009 02:06AM
Thanks Michael i've tried, and I get this error: "SDL_glfuncs.h nosuch file or directory" I installed the latest version of SDL for wii, but the file SDL_glfuncs.h, is not included.

?
September 19, 2009 05:08AM
Try the SVN version, or download the source code w/ dependencies for Freespace2Wii. The porter of Freespace2Wii contributed the SDL integration and other improvements to gl2gx.

Michael
September 19, 2009 08:55PM
Ok, with freespace I have already solved, and compiled, but shows many warnings, and some functions had to be changed ... yet I could not get any example to work, the screen displays black. Any version of Liboc is necessary in particular? I have 1.7.1.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/19/2009 08:56PM by copete23.
September 22, 2009 07:49PM
I used libogc from devkit r16/r15 and that was the SVN version. I don't really know much more about this library. I got interested in it to help someone else with a core dump a while back. As you're probably aware, gl2gx only implements the fixed function stuff from OpenGL 1.x. The newer shader languages aren't supported.

Michael
September 22, 2009 09:47PM
I solved this awhile ago by making a few minor changes to the source.

[arikadosblog.blogspot.com]
October 12, 2009 07:05PM
Has anyone had success with this. I'm trying to port a program it would be useful to know how well the freespace OpenGL Wrapper works.
October 12, 2009 10:07PM
All of the code in DeSmuME that requires OpenGL compiled perfectly under this. However, we have yet to test any of it at this point in time.
October 12, 2009 10:16PM
Yeah I've gotten it to compile. I do see console output but the glutSwapBuffers(); function seems to lock everything up.
October 12, 2009 10:51PM
Arikado
All of the code in DeSmuME that requires OpenGL compiled perfectly under this. However, we have yet to test any of it at this point in time.

Wow your doing a DS emulator ! cool !
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login