Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

MODPlay_SetVolume removed in libogc 1.7.0, alternative?

Posted by JustWoody 
MODPlay_SetVolume removed in libogc 1.7.0, alternative?
December 09, 2008 10:50PM
I've just noticed that the MODPlay_SetVolume function has been removed from the MOD playing library in version 1.7.0 of libogc.

As I use this to allow user controlled volume of music, does anyone know if there is an alternative to this that I can use instead?
Re: MODPlay_SetVolume removed in libogc 1.7.0, alternative?
December 10, 2008 06:50PM
Hi,

updated release of libogc (1.7.1) will have this added (again).

regards
shagkur
December 10, 2008 07:38PM
Cheers Shagkur I will look out for it

BTW If you see Hermes, I'm pretty sure that sounds are also not playing with 1.7.0 too
December 11, 2008 11:46AM
Hi

for the modplayer library & libasnd all changes/fixes from hermes should be in CVS and hence for libogc bin release 1.7.1.
Indeed 1.7.0 was in the state to not work with libasnd.

regards
shagkur
December 14, 2008 08:40PM
I am facing the same problem. When is libogc v1.7.1. available?
Other question: Will libsong also me integrated in v1.7.1. That would be super!

I get the following link errors with libogc v1.7.0
c:/devkitPro/Wii/pong2/source/pong2.c:1264: warning: implicit declaration of function 'MODPlay_SetVolume'
c:/devkitPro/Wii/pong2/source/pong2.c:1349: warning: implicit declaration of function 'SND_SetVoice'
c:/devkitPro/Wii/pong2/source/pong2.c:1349: warning: implicit declaration of function 'SND_GetFirstUnusedVoice'
December 15, 2008 07:27AM
That's compilation warnings, not linking errors.
December 15, 2008 07:40AM
From the looks of it, a missing header.
December 15, 2008 08:31PM

I get the following link errors with libogc v1.7.0
c:/devkitPro/Wii/pong2/source/pong2.c:1264: warning: implicit declaration of function 'MODPlay_SetVolume'
c:/devkitPro/Wii/pong2/source/pong2.c:1349: warning: implicit declaration of function 'SND_SetVoice'
c:/devkitPro/Wii/pong2/source/pong2.c:1349: warning: implicit declaration of function 'SND_GetFirstUnusedVoice'

that's perfectly normal because, as shagkur told you, it is *not* present in 1.7.0
for the moment, you need to get the current libogc source from CVS (and obviously recompile/reinstall it)
December 18, 2008 02:45AM
I too am running into some audio issues. In particular, sound from the SDL Port library is no longer audible. It compiles, and the sound system initializes, but I'm not hearing anything anymore. Any pointers to the changes that could have impacted this would be helpful.
December 22, 2008 07:28PM
Hi everbody,

The above reported issue is solved with libogc. Thanks for all the replies!

An compiled libogc 1.7.1 with includes libfat 1.0.2 and libsnd 1.0 and can be downloaded from my website.
[wp.plaatsoft.nl]

Greetings..

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2009 09:20PM by wplaat.
BUG mods no longer play (or cannot be heard) in libogc 1.7.1
December 24, 2008 12:07PM
Cheers for the compile wplaat

I've recompiled my code with your compile of libogc v1.7.1 and now I can't hear mod music anymore! I've tried with and without setting the volume so I am pretty sure its nothing to do with that. Has anyone else come across this problem? any workaround?

On the plus side sound effects are now working with the accelerated sounds lib (cheers guys)
January 03, 2009 11:03AM
I've now recompiled the latest trunk of libogc via source from git and all sound is fully working now.

Looks like some may have been missing or old in wplaats version so would suggest people compiling themselves to make sure they get all the libs they need.

Thanks to wplaat though for his efforts, its good to try to help others.
January 03, 2009 10:54PM
Hi JustWoody,

Thanks strang. I did not face that problem. Sound (Mod file and PCM file) worked fine.
But it is good to read that you solve the problem.

Happy New Year.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login