Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

libwiisprite apps don't run

Posted by WeeblBull 
libwiisprite apps don't run
February 17, 2010 09:32PM
Evening all,

I'm having some trouble with libwiisprite 0.3.0b. I've finally got the development environment right and can compile example code without errors, however whenever I try and run any apps that use this library on the wii, the screen goes black and I get dumped into the homebrew channel again. This happens with pre-compiled code such as box2d and the invaders example.

I've tried different SD cards and USB drives in case its a compatability problem, and I can run non-libwiisprite apps without any problem (including those that I've compiled myself) so I'm completely stumped!

I just wondered if anyone had seen this before - I've searched around and apart from a German thread that I couldn't translate I'm not getting anywhere!

Thanks,

Weebl
Re: libwiisprite apps don't run
February 17, 2010 09:37PM
Pretty simple to fix this. You have to rewrite the image paths in the code.

For example, making your path "data/image.png" no longer works thanks to various libfat updates. You have to change the path to "sd:/apps/folderyourappisin/data/image.png"

Once you load the images properly the screen will not be black.
Re: libwiisprite apps don't run
February 17, 2010 09:43PM
Quick response!

I'll give this a go and let you know. Seems strange that even stuff like box2d that I've extracted the hbc-ready folder from doesn't work, but there's always a chance of human error! /slaps forehead

Now, take a break from reading this forum and have some fun instead! :-)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login