Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

How exactly do you port stuff to the wii?

Posted by barrelroll5 
How exactly do you port stuff to the wii?
March 06, 2010 10:44PM
Ive been wondering. When you get the source code, what do you do with it?
Re: How exactly do you port stuff to the wii?
March 07, 2010 01:00AM
Create a new makefile to comply with the Wii libraries, modify the source to comply aswell, anything that can't be used has to be re-written using another library or re-written completely. That's a very general answer, though... I couldn't exactly explain it as well as some of the tutorials out there. Just run a google search on "Wii Coding Tutorials" or something like that. =/
March 09, 2010 12:12PM
I ported Syobon Action for Wii, sources are a *MESS* but it was fun to (partially) "decrypt" them, have a look at it (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Syobon_action_wii) I've included original sources.
What I did was to replace all the original graphics/input/sounds calls with Wii ones...not difficult but not easy though, becasue it involves some correction to fit on the new platform.
The hardest thing anyway is to understand the flow of the code first, then replace functions step by step.
March 17, 2010 08:53PM
TehSeph
Create a new makefile to comply with the Wii libraries, modify the source to comply aswell, anything that can't be used has to be re-written using another library or re-written completely. That's a very general answer, though... I couldn't exactly explain it as well as some of the tutorials out there. Just run a google search on "Wii Coding Tutorials" or something like that. =/

So you mean comply it with Programers Notepad and then use LibWiicontrol to change it into wii controls and then do some other stuff so the wii likes it?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login