Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Development For Newbies

Posted by LordAshes 
Wii Development For Newbies
April 03, 2010 09:55AM
I have created a FREE program that helps write Wii platform compatible C code. It uses a graphical interface to add images, set up objects and uses a Pseudo Code language to enter the actual code. The program then converts this into Wii platform compatible c code which can then be compiled using the DevKitPro toolset (or any other compiler). Although WCS does not actually compile the code (leaving all the glory for that hard work to DevKitPro) it does provide DevKitPro compatible Makefile and a batch file so that all you should need to do is run the batch files to perform the compile.

Best of all the c code that is produced by this is fairly well layed out and completely commented so this program can be used as a learning too for newbies that are not too familiar with the Wii platform libraries.

The program as a Direct C Code option which allows the user to add direct c code for any functionality that is not covered in the program's pseudo code commands.

Even advanced users can benefit from this program by using it as a template. They can add in all their images and then generate project to create a template for their project. The template will have all their images added as well as routines for organizing and updating objects.

To try it for yourself, visit:

[wiiconstructionset.hopto.org]
Re: Wii Development For Newbies
April 03, 2010 01:19PM
When I try to start it, i get an error:

Run-time error "339":
Component 'COMDLG32.OCX' or one of its dependencies not correctly registered: a file is missing or invalid

I have installed the DevKitPro correctly and I installed the GRRLib just yesterday.

EDIT: It works now. I had to use the compatibility mode in Windows 7.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/03/2010 04:11PM by Bowserkoopa.
April 04, 2010 02:45PM
Thanks for the notice...I will add it the WCS Installation Forum.
April 30, 2010 08:34AM
wow, looks good, will probably start useing it alot :)
April 30, 2010 11:14AM
It's strange when I want to create a new source code I click on it and it crash

I made 80% of the French translation
and added screenshots
April 30, 2010 01:52PM
ketufe
It's strange when I want to create a new source code I click on it and it crash

Did you follow the Installation instructions carefully? Especially the part about copying the wiiconset folder to \devkitpro\examples

If you did that, please provide the following so I can troubleshoot your problem...

What drive and directory is Studio (WCS) installed in? e.g. C:\Studio

What drive and directory is devkitpro installed in? e.g C:\DevKitPro

Did you place the wiiconset folder into the example directory of DevKitPro? e.g. C:\DevKitPro\examples\wiiconset

When I get back I will add some code that will error check for common problems (like a missing or misplaced wiiconset folder). It is very important to follow the instalaltion instruction that are provided as a text file in the WCS download ZIP file (or individually from the WCS download directory). If you do not follow these instructions and because of that some component is missing (devkitpro, GRRLIB, wiiconset, etc) then WCS will not run correctly. I will add more code for checking for these scenarios when I get back from my vacation.

ketufe
I made 80% of the French translation and added screenshots

Are you working from scratch or were you using the Google translated document that I provided?
In either case can you please send me a copy when you are finished so that I can replace it in the French download section.
April 30, 2010 05:42PM
LordAshes
Are you working from scratch or were you using the Google translated document that I provided?
In either case can you please send me a copy when you are finished so that I can replace it in the French download section.

from original

ok well he run's fine
May 02, 2010 04:28PM
Hmmm oh that will be problem...
My Linux path for Devkitpro is not visible for Wine...hmm in which file Windows usually stores PATH things? Maybe I can overcome it with adding it manually
May 05, 2010 02:55AM
Window paths are not stored in a file they are stored in Env't variables.

These vars point to the directories that DevKitPro is installed in. I am on vacation now so I can not check which one it uses. I think there is a generic one for the base DevKitPro directory called "DevKitPro". It has the format:

/drive/path

For example,

/c/devkitpro

As long as you set this var BEFORE running WCS then it should work fine.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login