Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Dumping files from disc, to USB or SD device.

Posted by WiiFan2012 
Dumping files from disc, to USB or SD device.
April 07, 2010 11:35PM
I am looking to create a program that dumps certain files from a game disc. How would I be able to do this?

Thanks!
Re: Dumping files from disc, to USB or SD device.
April 08, 2010 12:10AM
it depends on what files you want to dump from the disc. find the partition you want to get by reading the partition table, you can get the tmd, ticket, cert, ect by ioctl 0x8d. 0x8d reads at the partition offset will start at the beginning of the ticket. then you can use the open partition command and start reading with ioctl 0x71. reading from here, offset 0 will match up with the start of the boot.bin in wiiscrubber.

some of the filesizes are a constant size and location. others you will have to get the size and offset from a known spot within the partition. you can check the wiiscrubber source for how it gets those offsets and sizes.
April 08, 2010 01:00AM
All the files in the following directories:

Mario Kart Wii (RMCE01)
Partition 2:
Courses: Disc>>Data>>Race>>Course
Text: Disc>>Data>>Scene>>UI
Item Disc: Data>>Data>>Race>>Common.szs (Single File)

Music: Disc>>Data>>Sound>>strm (Correct me if I'm wrong)

I'm trying to create a Dumper for Mario Kart Wii, so people who want to texture hack, create courses, custom music etc don't have to touch the ISO with WiiScrubber. (means no more key.bin)

Thanks!
April 08, 2010 01:23AM
Check out some applications that have disc reading. Most of them include a source code so you can modify it.
Like giantpune said, Check out Wiiscrubber's source and work from there.

You can also request this in the ideas/requests if you can't code it yourself.

Good luck!
April 08, 2010 03:26AM
don't even worry about those paths. you first need to figure out how to read a game, find the correct partition, and get the filelist. then you can worry about what folders and files are in the game.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login