Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Upgraded to vista, reinstalled Environment(DevkitPro)

Posted by Matando 
Re: Upgraded to vista, reinstalled Environment(DevkitPro)
January 08, 2009 07:09PM
Okay, doing a comparison between an uninstall and a reinstall I get:

DEVKITPPC = /c/devkitPro/devkitPPC
DEVKITPRO = /c/devkitPro
Path has c:\devkitPro\msys\bin; prefixed to the original path

and that's it for the variables.

The Paths are also set up as you stated Arikado.

*** edit: The UAC is switched off

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2009 07:10PM by fozzedout.
January 08, 2009 07:21PM
And do you still have problems? The paths I gave you were the three main ones, so if you have those, you should be good to go.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2009 07:21PM by Arikado.
January 08, 2009 07:26PM
Yes, these are just the installed defaults that I keep getting.

I take it that it should be working then?
January 08, 2009 07:29PM
It should be. See if you can get help on #wiidev before trying the devkitPRO forums.
January 08, 2009 07:31PM
it kinda looks like something is preventing the program for starting up..
i have a weak recall ive had this once before, just cant remeber how i fixed it...

check if you have the actual file in C:\devkitPro\devkitPPC\bin

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/08/2009 07:35PM by GizmoTheGreen.
January 08, 2009 08:19PM
It's there alright... taunting me...
January 09, 2009 09:12AM
Very strange. This [wiki.codeblocks.org] seems to list a similar error with CreateProcess, but I don't have this problem. It really sounds like you're missing a file, but that seems impossible since you've reinstalled it so many times.

I remember when I first installed DevkitPro I did have one problem with having too many things in my path, in my case I had WinAVR compilers that were conflicting with the msys binaries. I wasn't using WinAVR anyway so I just uninstalled it and it worked fine. I don't know whether it was a similar error message but it might have been. If you could, maybe post your entire PATH variable here so we can see what might be conflicting.
January 10, 2009 12:00AM
Try removing anything to do with devkitPPC & msys from your path variable

then add this to it(in the front and change the drive letter if necessary):
C:\devkitPro\devkitPPC\libexec\gcc\powerpc-gekko\4.2.4;C:\devkitPro\devkitPPC\bin;C:\devkitPro\msys\bin;

this should fix your problem :)
January 10, 2009 11:03AM
Okay, my Path looks like this now:

C:\devkitPro\devkitPPC\libexec\gcc\powerpc-gekko\4.2.4;C:\devkitPro\devkitPPC\bin;C:\devkitPro\msys\bin;%SystemRoot%\system32;%SystemRoot%;%SystemRoot%\System32\Wbem

But I get the same error. I think I'm in agreement with the guys on #wiidev, my vista install is at fault.

I've reinstalled Ubuntu and got it working from there (minimal fuss. I like it!).

Once I have all my docs backed up, I'll reinstall Vista and try again on a fresh install, but as I have a method of compiling now that works, the faulty OS isn't that important.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2009 11:05AM by fozzedout.
January 10, 2009 11:10AM
Very strange, you shouldn't even need the devkitpro stuff in your path, just msys. At least you can compile code again. By the way, if you reinstall Vista and find you still can't compile stuff, and you want to stay in Vista rather than dual boot to compile things, you can run a virtual instance of Ubuntu in VirtualBox. If you try it out, be sure to install the guest additions package into the virtual Ubuntu, after you install that the VM uses a lot less resources and you can also have the apps sort of run as though they are running in their own windows rather than inside the VM. It's pretty nice, and I don't reboot into Linux much anymore as a result.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/10/2009 11:10AM by iofthestorm.
January 12, 2009 12:31AM
I was getting this same problem and I just fixed it. I used Process Monitor to log all calls to the file system and saw that make was trying to access the file c:\projects\wii\template\makefile even though I had renamed template to helloworld, like it says in the getting started doc.

It also looks like there's some path stuff to take care of. I cleared out my path, and now only have the following:
c:\devkitpro\devkitppc\powerpc-gekko\bin
c:\devkitpro\msys\bin
c:\devkitpro\devkitppc\libexec\gcc\powerpc-gekko\4.2.4
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login