Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Cutscenes

Posted by Arikado 
Cutscenes
August 15, 2008 12:47AM
I'm sure that by now, all of us have used MPlayer Wii's new DVD features. What I'm even more excited about is how it can be used to load video files from the SanDisk cards and Team Twiizers new library for video support. What does this mean from my standpoint as a game developer? The reintroduction of one of gamings' most impressive features to the Wii homebrew scene; Cutscenes.

I've only just begun to look through all the new code and I'm very excited. I know that there is a certain coding competition over at tehskeen. I think even something as simple as an introduction video leading into the main menu would add impressive layers of polish and a boost in points to any game. This gives talented artists something to spend time on as well as something that I hope will be relatively easy to implement in our games.

Right now I'm wrapping up work on my other coding topic, but I just couldn't wait to put this one up. I'm hoping that as programmers we can all use this topic to post simple programs capable of running a certain video format as well as help eachother get those videos up and running. I'll work on hopefully getting some of those basic programs I just mentioned running and posted in a few days. But in the meantime, please feel free to beat me to it as well as bounce around ideas.

This is a very exciting time to be working with Wii homebrew and I hope that everyone is able to make the best of it.
Re: Cutscenes
August 15, 2008 02:45AM
I'm not using it just yet. I haven't heard anything bad about it yet. I know there has to be some errors so I'll wait until I see what those are and I'll see if they affect me.
Re: Cutscenes
August 16, 2008 01:51AM
Right, I want to get some code posted by late next week hopefully.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login