Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Command not found

Posted by Noone 
Command not found
January 04, 2009 11:55PM
Sorry, may be a noob question, but I always get "[make] rm: command not found"when I try to build.

The source is the 3rd person demo by iamabe + oyzzo, with little changes.
I'm running devkit on Vista.

And before someone suggests googling it: I already did that, but obviously it brought no results.
Re: Command not found
January 05, 2009 01:08AM
Sounds like you accidently typed "rm" somwhere in your program.
January 05, 2009 01:47AM
is rm in your makefile?
January 05, 2009 02:04AM
rm is a standard unix command to delete stuff (which is not present normally on windows). I'm not experienced with devkitpro on windows, but you may want to alter your makefile and/or use mingw/cygwin. Except you probably already are, so not sure what's up with that.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2009 02:04AM by comex.
January 05, 2009 10:36AM
I agree. Sometimes in a "make" file I've encountered commands and/or an additional expected app that might not be present on your enviroment.
I too am on a windows platform and have come across similar to this. "RM" is calling to "delete" something and for some reason the method your using to compile the source (programmers notepad? / Ming32w?) is not recognising the command/app.

If it's PN, try opening a console window and manually entering the command to see if it knows what to do. Same for ming32w (although both should know this simple command).
January 05, 2009 12:02PM
Look in the makefile, find the rm line and fix it to be windows compatible. Do not quote me on this, but I think that there may be a macro to always use the right command, ${rm} or something like that I guess.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login