Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Anyone need music for their Homebrew?

Posted by drabmeat34 
Anyone need music for their Homebrew?
January 05, 2009 05:48PM
Thanks to everyone who tirelessly hacked the Wii and wrote programs and games. I know my way around a computer but not nearly as in depth as most of you.
Getting to the point. I've been thinking about a way to give back and add to the scene. I have a bunch of music loops stored on my computer and I'm offering them up. I don't know how it gets coded into a game or other application, but they're in .wav format at the moment. If you're interested just reply and we can talk more in depth about what you want or need. I have plenty of samples, so just ask.

I hope this is in the right section, I just want the right people to see it.
Re: Anyone need music for their Homebrew?
January 05, 2009 08:52PM
I could use some background music for gameplay and/or the main menu in WiiBreaker. Unfortunately, I only know how to code mp3 sound files into my programs.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 01/05/2009 09:02PM by Arikado.
January 05, 2009 08:54PM
I would quite like a nice bootup sound for miight, probably around 5 seconds long. I don't really care what it sounds like, just listen to other boot themes to get a good idea of what they tend to sound like.Obviously don't just copy any of these, just get the feel.

They should ideally be either uncompressed (*.wav), or compressed with an open-source codec (*.ogg, and flac whatever that extension is).
January 06, 2009 02:12AM
I've put together a .zip file of what I believe to be a good cross section of my Loops. Some short ones, some long ones, fast, slow, etc. Its pretty big though, about 34,000 KB. If you're interested I can email it to you and you can pick through it. If someone knows a better way to distribute it than I'm all ears, but for now I'll have to go through e-mail.

I have plenty more material and I'm always creating more so if there's nothing that suits your game, we can try again. I have some tunes with different parts, pieces and movements also. I can also tweak a piece that you like in the .zip to make it more "game-friendly".

Alright
January 06, 2009 08:32AM
I use [drop.io] for sharing files.

I'd also love to hear some stuff, I want something for the intro to WiiBASIC, but I don't know how I want it to sound yet. You can find my email address in the Wiibrew Wiki

Cheers
January 06, 2009 10:45AM
I prefer tracked formats, since they are typically smaller imho. Midi is a tracked format, but nobody should use that one for tracked music, go with one with embedded sounds instead.
January 07, 2009 04:26AM
Alright here's the drop. (Thanks for the heads up whodares) I put them all up individually with a short (what I feel to be) descriptive title. The site affords you the option of downloading it all as a .zip or individually. Enjoy and don't be afraid to leave feedback.

Oh, since these aren't copyrighted I put a password on so only y'all can get to 'em.
password = wiibrew

http://drop.io/drabmeat34

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/07/2009 04:27AM by drabmeat34.
January 07, 2009 08:06PM
I don't see the option to download the entire thing as a zip... :/
January 07, 2009 08:31PM
Hit the "share" button and then hit "ZIP archive" and follow the instructions. Should work.
January 11, 2009 01:36PM
Not really good for startup tunes, but meh, someone else has made me quite a few.
January 14, 2009 04:42PM
I NEED MUSIC FOR MY HOMEBREW... lol.. sorry for caps... i'll need about 2 and a half tracks.. 1 being for the main menu.. 2 being for gameplay, 3 being a really short one for when they complete something.. the thrid shouldn't last any longer than 10 seconds.. thx to whomever can do this for me.. (I'll put your name in the credits).. MP3 Format plz
January 15, 2009 01:21AM
I was just about to go work on some stuff. Do you have any idea of the sound you want? I know its tough to describe in a forum but what kind of feel should it have? Uplifting, chill, bright, dark? I'll put some stuff together and get it up soon.
January 15, 2009 04:35AM
Lol.. umm.. I Don't really know... i think my best chances are uplifting.. (and by any chance .. do u do graphics too.. i don't wanna ask too much)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/15/2009 06:19PM by Legend28469.
January 23, 2009 05:00AM
Sorry for the delay, I've been stupidly busy. Tell me what you think about this one for a main menu; its slow but its builds easily. Drop

password : wiibrew

Any constructive criticism would help. This is my first time producing and composing a song for something like this. Thanks
March 07, 2009 09:56PM
If you can only get one file type to work, mediaconverter.org is a great site for converting audio files.
March 08, 2009 01:15AM
Hey drabmeat34, really liking "crazycarnivalclown". Reminds me of the first minute of 7 Hurtz - Kaye

I'm back to working on my homebrew game, and might contact you some time in the future! I'm feeling some sort of inspiration from that sample, but I can't put it in to words atm :)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login