Trying to do true 16:9 mode in homebrew
September 19, 2014 11:14AM
Re: Trying to do true 16:9 mode in homebrew
September 20, 2014 04:38PM
September 21, 2014 12:07AM
Hm~ seems logical.
Do I get this right:
GRRLIB_DrawImg can be used to both draw background as well as sprites (and probably cursor-pointer)?
If so then it's pretty good, everything in one place ^_^

I'm trying to re-do the code now (I have to change for now background stuff to GRRLib way, for quick check, later maybe whole code, GRRLib seems to be up-to-date with devkit libraries).

It will take a bit of time, I must dig through GRRLIB documentation (which is pretty well organised).
I will edit post as the progress will be made :)

Thank You very much for help :)
September 21, 2014 12:26AM
Yes, it is used to draw everything 2d. Grrlib is simple to set up but it is also easy to modify you current library depending on your situation. I have a project called starfield on wiibrew that has source that u can use.
September 21, 2014 09:23AM
It looks like your boardBGw image might be 850x480? I don't know the limitations of the library you're using but it's generally a good idea to stick with dimensions that are multiples of 16, so try 848 instead of 850.
September 22, 2014 02:56PM
I have contacted with the author of the MLLib and he agreed that moving to GRRLIB is good idea since it's more updated &c.
Therefore I will do last few attempts with 848 instead of 850 or something and then update my libraries to latest GRRLIB (especially that there were some errors when trying to compile GRRLIB project, I suspect that one of things is some mysterious conversion of images to .c .h files which I couldn't do)

I will write as soon as I get some results :)
September 22, 2014 03:09PM
I mostly use png images directly. Saves a bit of conversion and update time (luckily grrlib can read them directly from disk). Also just use one set of images instead of different images for Widescreen. You don't want to add unnecessary complications to your homebrew project.

I did not see any real advantages to compiling you assets. You mostly get a big bol file and less stuff in your apps folder.
September 24, 2014 10:58AM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login