Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile Wiibrew Wiki HackMii Blog

Advanced

[SOLVED] Need help with simple lighting on 3D models

Posted by TheCodingBrony 
[SOLVED] Need help with simple lighting on 3D models
December 11, 2014 01:27PM
I'm working on a 3D model viewer example as part of my MTek-GDL library project which is working great so far... However, I'm having trouble getting simple lighting to work and I couldn't even figure out how to incorporate normals into a display list properly without locking up the GP when the list gets called.

The example uses my custom middleware libraries (mgdl-wii and plylib) which explains why I can't post a code listing here as the relevant parts are split between one of the modules... Even though they're pretty damn useful pieces of code, I don't recommend anyone to use my libraries yet since it is still under development.

-- Download removed --

Any useful help will be greatly appreciated! Just don't get offended by cutesy imagery and ponies (in high-poly 3D) which this example features...

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/15/2014 03:09PM by TheCodingBrony.
Re: Need help with simple lighting on 3D models
December 14, 2014 12:51AM
December 14, 2014 03:24PM
Note that due to libogc bugs GX_EndDispList() will never return 0 for GC programs, it only works correctly for Wii.
December 15, 2014 08:22AM
December 15, 2014 01:03PM
Yeah some people have a preference for classes but I wouldn't say they are efficient when coding graphics for games. Grrlib is mad simple.

Show an example of how u use realloc().
December 15, 2014 03:03PM
December 15, 2014 03:36PM
Cool. I always like to see new wii stuff. I will test out the reallocate on one of my homebrews. I find that maintaining framerate is the biggest problem on the wii.
Re: [SOLVED] Need help with simple lighting on 3D models
December 16, 2014 02:34PM
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login