Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

libntfs port possible?

Posted by pcmantinker 
libntfs port possible?
January 27, 2009 01:03AM
What would it take to port libntfs from linux ppc to wii? I'm not really savvy on lib ports, but I was curious what would be required. It would be great to read from the NTFS partition that I have on my 320GB external drive used by my laptop. If that's not possible, should I create an FAT32 partition on the drive or just get another drive and format to FAT32?
Re: libntfs port possible?
February 05, 2009 03:46PM
Hi, im not sure about porting libs or what has prevented NTFS support in the past,
If you can cope with files smaller than 4GB on your 320GB drive, then FAT32 is for you!

Windows wont allow you to format a drive larger than 30GB with anything other than NTFS.

Ive recently done this with an 80GB drive.
[www.compuapps.com]

I did have some problems with formatting - i had to disconnect my drive (USB) and reconnect it.
I'm not sure if this had something to do with the update to the partition table.

Im sure alot of people would like to see an NTFS library, if you did manage to port it.
Good luck.
February 05, 2009 07:48PM
If you need files larger than 4GB why not split the file into "parts" (file.png.part.01 etc.) and then when using the files add each files data to the one before so you can get 4GB of a file in several smaller files
February 06, 2009 08:02AM
Thanks for wasting two good posts. He wants a ntfs driver ported, nothing else.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login