Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

What browser(s) do you use?

Posted by z400100500 
What browser(s) do you use?
March 23, 2009 10:59PM
kinda just trying to spark a debate, but my browsers are flock, firefox, and chrome. IE is on my computer, but it's horrible. I LOVE social networking and integration, so flock is #2. Firefox is #1 because of the Stylish and AnyColor addons. My browser looks like the dreaded VISTA'S IE (glossy black) and stylish makes the youtube video window nice and big.
Re: What browser(s) do you use?
March 23, 2009 11:29PM
Chrome ftw!
March 23, 2009 11:32PM
hell yeah! but in a speed test, the newest (not my) version of FF and some extension had better speed than Chrome. And i have an extension so FF looks like Chrome, with the tabs up top. and what's with the ftw?
March 24, 2009 01:35AM
Firefox 2.0.0.20 (hate 3.0...)
Redshift2theme
Love the spelling correction, bringing back closed tabs, and restore after a crash!
Also the addons are spectacular, download helper ftw!
March 24, 2009 10:58AM
Firefox (3.0) ROCKS!
March 24, 2009 01:14PM
Alot of the addons I use dont work for 3.0 and plus im tired of everything trying to be vista (IE 7/8 Office 07 firefox iTunes)
March 24, 2009 05:33PM
Firefox! Any version :) I'd rather go without internet than use IE.
March 24, 2009 07:50PM
i know right? and all my friends are like "there's almost nothing different between them, and FF takes up more space on my computer." Most of their computers have 500 gig harddrives, and a mb difference is worth the speed. I demonstrated in computer class. i have the newest stable FF on my flashdrive, so i plug it in, open FF and IE, and try to load wikipedia and google. FF beat the living hell out of IE. It just shows you my friends are stupid. ;) And then they say Flock is stupid too! I believe one of them said "it's almost as bad as opera". Opera kicks ass too!!! and i agree with you. using IE is akin to slitting my throat.

And ninjafish1990, just wait until windows 7 comes out (legally) then it'll be all 7ish with "7 glasser theme" and stuff. and ummmmmm.....i don't have 7 so i wouldn't know what glasser is.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/24/2009 07:53PM by z400100500.
March 25, 2009 04:45AM
@z400100500
#1 I have a legal and legit copy of 7
#2 it is built off of vista so its going to be (and is) extremely similar and just as retarded.
March 25, 2009 09:30PM
errrr...... i didn't mean the beta, i meant "Windows Black", the pirated version. And i DON'T have windows 7, which while it IS built off of vista, it will feature better stuff like native touchscreen support, making the back-seat driver approach to opening programs (are u sure you want to open it? Are u REALLY sure? you suuuuuure?) less of a hassle. But if 7 flops, windows is just going to be another footnote in the history of the world. But if it doesn't, then this is gonna be cool for a while, like XP still is. What other os can you think of that allows you to move the start button to the right top of the screen? I'm pretty sure that's a copyrighted feature. Can we get a "Hell yeah?" But then again, im pretty frustrated at how you can't change the default function of double-clicking on something. If you know how to fix that, please tell me, because there's nothing more frustrated than double-clicking on My Music, and having a Search window open. wtf?
March 26, 2009 03:40AM
DanielHueho
Firefox (3.0) ROCKS!

iceape is better, i see less flukes...
March 26, 2009 10:35PM
Chrome, Firefox, Safari, Opera, Netscape Navigator...I use all of them.
March 27, 2009 12:44AM
z400100500
errrr...... i didn't mean the beta, i meant "Windows Black", the pirated version. And i DON'T have windows 7, which while it IS built off of vista, it will feature better stuff like native touchscreen support, making the back-seat driver approach to opening programs (are u sure you want to open it? Are u REALLY sure? you suuuuuure?) less of a hassle. But if 7 flops, windows is just going to be another footnote in the history of the world. But if it doesn't, then this is gonna be cool for a while, like XP still is. What other os can you think of that allows you to move the start button to the right top of the screen? I'm pretty sure that's a copyrighted feature. Can we get a "Hell yeah?" But then again, im pretty frustrated at how you can't change the default function of double-clicking on something. If you know how to fix that, please tell me, because there's nothing more frustrated than double-clicking on My Music, and having a Search window open. wtf?

lol, dare I even say this..... but you could be stuck using a Mac. There's legit copies of Windows 7. I myself picked up the Beta disk when I went to CES this year. I've not tried it so can't comment but from what I've heard Microsoft have not listened to anything anyone has said, so get ready for another horrid version of Windows.
March 27, 2009 04:15AM

lol, dare I even say this..... but you could be stuck using a Mac. There's legit copies of Windows 7. I myself picked up the Beta disk when I went to CES this year. I've not tried it so can't comment but from what I've heard Microsoft have not listened to anything anyone has said, so get ready for another horrid version of Windows.
Mac statement is true, it could be that bad... and I already stated that there are legit copies of 7 Microsoft sent me mine!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/28/2009 04:10PM by ninjafish1990.
March 28, 2009 04:33AM
SAFARI!!! I am biased toward mac but still. I also have firefox for issues that once in a while I get.
March 29, 2009 07:02PM
soory about the win7 stuff, the only info i get on that is from my friend scott the computer geek (wtf he had win 3.1 on his laptop?!?!?!?) and popsci so my info is pretty limited. And btw i also use K-Meleon when im feeling VERRY geeky. Like when i go on rants over star wars, star trek, and battlestar galactica.

o, almost forgot, i still have runecats explorer on my computer. that makes like 12-15 browsers for me?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 03/29/2009 07:04PM by z400100500.
December 23, 2010 08:17AM
I use google chrome which is a wonderful browser, it greately increased me browsing capability and perfomance , the confounding part is chrome seems to load pages at a faster rate than other browsers, i even checked my internet speed using http://www.ip-details.com/internet-speed-test/ and there was not much change.regarding fire fox the only advantage it possess is its adons
December 24, 2010 03:48PM
proxious... you have three posts... one revived a 1 month dead thread, one an 8 month dead thread, and another a 19 month dead thread!!!

Stop reviving old threads! Either start posting useful stuff or leave.
December 26, 2010 09:45PM
I have been using firefox for a long time, but just past couple days looked at google chrome. One thing I have found is these forums run slow in firefox, but in chrome load right up and zip along. I do like firefox add ons, like ad blocker and the smooth wheel for the mouse, it will save the web pages and tabs if it crashes or you close it out by mistake. Chrome is nice and faster, but would take some getting use to.
December 27, 2010 03:09AM
Well, now that this thread has been brought from the dead... ehem...

I used to use IE7, back when it was first released. It was cool and all, but I would constantly be attacked by viruses when visiting certain... adult natured sites (damn you and your unnecessary plugins!!). Then, I switched over to Firefox when a friend told me about it. I got Firefox 2.x or something, and it ran pretty damn swell. Plus, I could personalize it with a bunch of addons like AdBlock and other download managing tools, and I was in heaven.

Then... came... Firefox 3.0. And when I updated, something got corrupted, and would make Firefox crash everytime I attempted to launch it. Got tired of it, downgraded to 2.x... a few revisions later, I tried to update again, and it worked this time. But Firefox got SLOW. Real slow. So obscenely slow I had to leave Firefox on for 5 minutes until it would properly show up on screen, and then I'd have a small margin of time to use it before it started to slow down again to the point I thought it'd hanged. Even when disabling all addons would it still act in such a retarded way.

I had a bad experience using Google Chrome on an old PC, so I haven't touched it since (it'd load just as slow as Firefox). So now... I'm using Opera, and I'm pretty darn happy with it. Doesn't have the bells and whistles other browsers have, but it's light, fast and has a few neat features which prove not being as intrusive and annoying as Firefox addons. Of course, with the recent Opera update we've supposedly gained some plugin input now, but I wouldn't really care about them.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login