Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Wii Rant

Posted by ninjafish1990 
Re: Wii Rant
April 19, 2009 10:44PM
It's ironic how much ninjafish's posts smell of garbage. They are full of ignorance.
April 20, 2009 04:10AM
Well as you can clearly see that there are many others that follow my same standards, also learn some grammer, there is nothing ironic about anything you spoke of...
#2 this is your only post, way to go!
Aslo they are in no way ignorant, i just described how much the wii is a piece of trash, and many others in the scene also believe this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/20/2009 04:11AM by ninjafish1990.
August 20, 2009 12:19AM
I blame vista for the worlds problems...
August 20, 2009 04:22AM
ninjafish1990
Well as you can clearly see that there are many others that follow my same standards, also learn some grammer, there is nothing ironic about anything you spoke of...
#2 this is your only post, way to go!
Aslo they are in no way ignorant, i just described how much the wii is a piece of trash, and many others in the scene also believe this.

I believe it's spelled "Grammar" =p
August 20, 2009 04:25AM
look, it all boils down to taste... some people think the wii is a piece of trash... others don't.

I personally think the wii is awesome... others don't. It doesn't matter.

Macs / PCs.
Boxers / Briefs
Repub / Democ
Yankees / Red Sox

Who cares!!!

I think the XBox and the PS3 are colossal wastes of money. We have one at work and yes it's fun to play, but i would never buy one for my house.
BUT, that's because i've moved on from the need to see realistic blood splatter patterns and pink mists... I want fun games with inovative controls that i can play with my kids... something that my wife will sit down and play. Something that at a party is so easy to pick up and intuitive to play that people don't give up after two minutes of trying it.

There are people of all ages on this forum... some love the wii some don't. It's all good. we can all get along. We don't need to list a bunch of reasons to try to convince the other side that only one person is right. NO ONE IS RIGHT! it's about taste.

You aren't gonna convince the wii haters that the wii is awesome and you aren't gonna convince the lovers that it sucks. It is something different to each person!

This is a pointless rant... lets move on!
August 20, 2009 12:53PM
People really need to read the news a lot more, they should take an interest into High Voltage Software and Dead Space Extraction, the new Dead Space is absolutely beautiful in terms of graphics and HVS have made the worlds most powerful game engine and it shows when you have a look at The Conduit which has very Haloy graphics as it looks and feels very similar.

The Wii is a console that noone was expecting, if you cant deal with the surprise go commit suicide because the world has left you behind.
August 21, 2009 02:40PM
I hope you did not miss the fact, that this thread was sleeping for 4 months.
September 09, 2009 11:52PM
The reason i didnt purchase a wii (I ended up winning one) was because i knew if this is what we have imagine what the next gen will have, since im not a rich brat and my parents don't buy me a next gen system or 3 every year, i get one every few years, and i figured the next gen systems will be superior with full body movement and such. AKA project natal, which is a this gen system.
September 10, 2009 02:05AM
is project natal really gonna come out
i mean motion capture is a hard thing ppl have to use suits with little white balls on them(shown on a gh3 vid)
movie producers take a looooong time to create a movie that involves mo-cap and suddenly microsoft just announces a little camera that can do everything a mo-cap suit and all that stuff plus it even does more stuff like scanning skateboards(as it shows in the project natal vid) i personally dont think it will come out, or if it does it will take a very, very loooooong time
September 10, 2009 02:48AM
darklink
is project natal really gonna come out
i mean motion capture is a hard thing ppl have to use suits with little white balls on them(shown on a gh3 vid)
movie producers take a looooong time to create a movie that involves mo-cap and suddenly microsoft just announces a little camera that can do everything a mo-cap suit and all that stuff plus it even does more stuff like scanning skateboards(as it shows in the project natal vid) i personally dont think it will come out, or if it does it will take a very, very loooooong time
I agree with you. I find it odd that the whole natal deal can do so much....I bet its gonna be a rip-off. And milo looks slightly disturbing.

Microsoft is probably going to charge like $500 bucks for it, or something, and a bunch of little spoiled kids are gonna be whining for their parents to get natal for them.

If it does work, though, that would be pretty sick. :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2009 02:48AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
September 10, 2009 02:54AM
I hope that this is not a lie as it would be pure amazingness if project natal is released and can do what they say it can.
September 10, 2009 06:57AM
WaxyPumpkin72

damn im gonna cry if it does work
poor ninty gonna have to think hard to try and beat microsoft
September 10, 2009 06:06PM
Hm.. I have to disagree.

The choice of a console depends on your needs. Apparently you didn't inform yourself well enough before buying your Wii, so you are disappointed now.
It is and always was obvious that the Wii is no High-End System and would have its limitations.

I knew that. I bought my Wii for the traditional Nintendo games available for it, after having years of fun with the Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64, as well as the innovative way of controlling games introduced by the Wii.

I could have bought an xbox 360 or a PS3 too, but I didn't.
Not only were (and are) they too expensive, but the games available for them are either not interesting for me, or are available for PC too.

And I would always prefer to play a game on a Computer. I don't need an expensive, restricted, limited and DRM infested console for that.

What I do dislike is Nintendos repulsion for Homebrew and Piracy and their continuing attempts to stop it.
Because that would be and is a point where the Wii is shining over all of the other consoles.
But instead of tolerating it and realising the good side of it (lots of people buying a Wii because it is possible to Homebrew and Pirate), they decided against it.

I'm a bit scared of the future here, when the old Wii's die out and only the new Wii's with more agressive copy protection are sold (The new D3-2 Drives and Boot2v4) and "old", moddable Wii's with Boot2v3 and below, as well as old DVD Drives will be sold for high prices on eBay. (Unless someone finds new exploits again of course. But even Nintendo learns from their mistakes.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/10/2009 06:07PM by SpyroDragon.
September 10, 2009 07:11PM
SpyroDragon
Not only were (and are) they too expensive
lol, the arcade costs $250(which is the same price as the wii). And the price for the elite was just lowered by $100.

I'm not saying I dislike the wii. I like the wii and 360 both for lots of different reasons. Lets not even talk about the PS3 LOL. I think its dumb.
I'm not gonna like stop playing my wii once natal comes out. As i said before, i probably won't even buy it.
September 10, 2009 07:36PM
darklink
WaxyPumpkin72

damn im gonna cry if it does work
poor ninty gonna have to think hard to try and beat microsoft
Nintendo has to beat an accessory that will be the price of 2 xbox games that claims to be everything that the wii isnt, thats almost as bullshit as apple claiming their one button mice are da leet

if i was nintendo i would focus on wmplus, i would try and encourage developers to utilise its features as much as possible to allow for more better gameplay

also, id look at eyetoy, remember how it claimed to work but never really did if your room doesnt have window facing the sun
September 10, 2009 07:46PM
SteelSlasher
apple claiming their one button mice are da leet
lol, I'm using a mighty mouse right now, it works fine, just takes some getting used to. You don know that you can change the settings to have a right click, don't you?
September 10, 2009 11:56PM
WaxyPumpkin72
SteelSlasher
apple claiming their one button mice are da leet
lol, I'm using a mighty mouse right now, it works fine, just takes some getting used to. You don know that you can change the settings to have a right click, don't you?

I have a mighty mouse, I don't care for it, personally, a bit too sensitive for my taste, I LOVED Apple's old 1 button mouse though... I did hate the hockey puck mouse, as did everybody
September 11, 2009 01:54AM
i actually liked the hockey puck mouse
September 11, 2009 02:49AM
The iMac was such a fail in my elementary school we went from old IBM's to iMacs and the next year they went to HP.
September 11, 2009 07:15AM
interesting, I still have an original iMac sitting around that gets used on occasion. I also use VNC to access my iMac G4, only problem is the backlight blew out, so I use my Powermac G5 to do most things right now.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login