Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ipod Classic

Posted by Manoau2002 
Ipod Classic
April 11, 2009 04:20AM
I know this is really off-topic but is there a way in itunes to organize the folders yourself. I don't really like the way itunes sets folders up.For example instead of just having all dan seals songs under dan seals itunes put songs listed under dan seals, seals, dan and dan seals and another artist. I am kind of anal and it just kind of annoys me.
Re: Ipod Classic
April 11, 2009 05:15AM
select all of the tracks with the artist and right click, then select "get info (at the top)
then change the artist to "Dan Seals" then...

I am an iPod and iTUnes master, my library is "perfect" (to me anyway) so lemme know if you have any questions!
April 11, 2009 07:36AM
iTunes is far from perfect. I like browsing my music by the Artist -> Album -> Song hierarchy, but in some cases I need exceptions. Consider the fact that I have almost 2000 songs from OCRemix on my iPod. Do I want my Artist view polluted with hundreds of usernames just because I have one song by them there? No, so I change every single one to "OverClocked ReMix" as the artist. It kills me to have to modify that metadata though, since the original artist is then just gone.
Sure there would be disadvantages to a custom folder layout too, but personally I'd prefer it if only to keep my songs' metadata safe :P (and then I wouldn't have to worry about keeping a mirror of all my songs on a hard drive as well, with the way iTunes mangles the filenames)
April 12, 2009 12:30AM
AerialX
iTunes is far from perfect. I like browsing my music by the Artist -> Album -> Song hierarchy, but in some cases I need exceptions. Consider the fact that I have almost 2000 songs from OCRemix on my iPod. Do I want my Artist view polluted with hundreds of usernames just because I have one song by them there? No, so I change every single one to "OverClocked ReMix" as the artist. It kills me to have to modify that metadata though, since the original artist is then just gone.
Sure there would be disadvantages to a custom folder layout too, but personally I'd prefer it if only to keep my songs' metadata safe :P (and then I wouldn't have to worry about keeping a mirror of all my songs on a hard drive as well, with the way iTunes mangles the filenames)

you didn't have to do that! haha.. You should have changed them to either compilation and turn compilation artists off. or, changed all of them to sort artist and have the sort artist be "OCRemix"
April 12, 2009 12:56AM
itunes sucks!!!!! i was helping my mom get songs onto her shuffle, and she had her business windows open, and itunes froze her goddamn comp! she lost the past hour in data! But itunes is horrid! Apple is horrid! what's the point of an mp3 player that can't play most file extensions deserved to be burned in hell!!!!! *heavy breathing* that was my anger management for the day!
April 12, 2009 02:24AM
DrLucky
AerialX

you didn't have to do that! haha.. You should have changed them to either compilation and turn compilation artists off. or, changed all of them to sort artist and have the sort artist be "OCRemix"
Last time I changed the Sort Artist of them all, it sorted them together, but still had hundreds of entries, one for each artist. They just all said "OCRemix" :P

Compilation though, I'll look into that.
April 12, 2009 03:35AM
u should probably use a nagging motherly tone to read my post: Kristopher! Don't associate with such trash. That will get you into trouble, drugs, and Dragonforce. Okay, drop the nagging voice. But really, iPods are horrible, and Apple is too, but they're the biggest company in the mp3 player industry, so no one knows any different. as my rant about the world sucking 3 months ago, a 2gb sansa fuze for 80 bucks is WAY better than any shit apple can shove out their ass. but apple has advertisement, and any company that makes quality products doesn't. here's my rubric for the fuze, then the ipod.....nano.

FUZE:
simple drag and drop software:
usb charging:video playback:
radio:
80$

iPod Nano 4th generation:
horrid computer freezing, satanic, blasphemous, absolutely nasty, bloated software:
120-180$

i can't imagine why i'd take the fuze. either you've put up with it because you had to, or southern people are as stupid as jokes portray them to be. Wait, no, that was mean, i know people in NC that are smart. i'm just mad and need something to do. looks like it's off to runescape for me! oh wait! that's a good topic to rant about! i'll start that in a minute!
April 12, 2009 02:43PM
z400100500
u should probably use a nagging motherly tone to read my post: Kristopher! Don't associate with such trash. That will get you into trouble, drugs, and Dragonforce. Okay, drop the nagging voice. But really, iPods are horrible, and Apple is too, but they're the biggest company in the mp3 player industry, so no one knows any different. as my rant about the world sucking 3 months ago, a 2gb sansa fuze for 80 bucks is WAY better than any shit apple can shove out their ass. but apple has advertisement, and any company that makes quality products doesn't. here's my rubric for the fuze, then the ipod.....nano.

FUZE:
simple drag and drop software:
radio:
80$

iPod Nano 4th generation:
horrid computer freezing, satanic, blasphemous, absolutely nasty, bloated software:
120-180$

i can't imagine why i'd take the fuze. either you've put up with it because you had to, or southern people are as stupid as jokes portray them to be. Wait, no, that was mean, i know people in NC that are smart. i'm just mad and need something to do. looks like it's off to runescape for me! oh wait! that's a good topic to rant about! i'll start that in a minute!

haha, I've never really thought of NC being in the South...but I'm, not Southern Anyway...

WTF is the Drugs and Dragon Force line about?!? hehe

iPods are the shit...I'll write something long abut them when I have the time..

Happy Easter all!
April 12, 2009 06:47PM
haha yeah happy Easter. That line was the result of my compulsive ranting disorder! Just look at my new topic! I think i'll add the ipod versus fuze rant too!
April 12, 2009 07:01PM
z400100500
haha yeah happy Easter. That line was the result of my compulsive ranting disorder! Just look at my new topic! I think i'll add the ipod versus fuze rant too!

yeah, you have a ranting problem...
April 12, 2009 11:59PM
i noticed. o well, it's not the end of the world, or is it?
April 14, 2009 06:40PM
z400100500

=P
April 14, 2009 08:01PM
DanielHueho
z400100500

=P

ugg...hehehe
April 15, 2009 03:17AM
crap! i won't graduate by then! o mannnnnn..... well, looks like when i get my permit i'll ask my dad if i can have his Chevelle. It's never been in the rain and has a 454 from a ('71?) Corvette. Hmmmmmmm. shit. ya know what? i'm gonna make a car nerd topic in wake of arikado's absence. (i just hope he won't read it)

P.S: I haven't ranted yet today so watch out!
P.S#2: Ever noticed that after i post something, most people drop the topic? that tells you people on the internet treat me exactly like they do in real life. *deep sigh*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/15/2009 03:19AM by z400100500.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login