Zelda classic - possible port to homebrew?
April 24, 2009 03:34PM
Zelda Classic is a windows program that allows users to create 'quests' based on the original LoZ. They can edit graphics, maps, basically anything. There are tons of existing quests; many of them are great quality.

I know it's a longshot, but I'm just putting the idea out there if anyone is interested in making it a homebrew app (just for playing the quest files, not the editor probably). I don't think it's open source... like I said, a long shot.

[www.zeldaclassic.com]
Re: Zelda classic - possible port to homebrew?
April 26, 2009 12:43AM
I don't think it's open source, so it would be very hard. It comes in a Windows and DOS version? Is there a DOS emulator for the Wii? (probably require a keyboard which I don't have though)
April 26, 2009 09:49AM
This could be a starting point:

[www.dosbox.com]
April 26, 2009 02:02PM
It does have a DOS version (the latest 2.10), but 2.5 will be coming out, and I don't know if that will be for DOS. I don't know of anyone working on dosbox for HB.

You shouldn't really need a keyboard since the only buttons you'd need to play (not the editor) are A, B, and arrow keys. A sideways wiimote should work if someone could map keys to buttons.
October 29, 2009 01:15AM
I found this on the web but it seems to be fake (April fools, maybe):

Youtube video
October 29, 2009 03:41AM
Zelda Classic is closed, yes. Sadly, too.
October 29, 2009 02:30PM
The only viable alternative would be through:
1. DOSBox: ZC comes in a DOS version
2. Linux: Somebody in the ZC forum posted a Linux build

I tried #1, but could not get it to work. Perhaps someone more clever can manage it.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login