Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

E3 2009

Posted by Arikado 
Re: E3 2009
June 05, 2009 03:00AM
Right on!! I like forging!! xD

@Arikado: Why do you think halo is generic and boring?
June 05, 2009 07:27AM
I think Microsoft had the best conference, no boring stuff, some unexpected things,
and Nintendo had the best, ähhhh hypeworthy surprise game.

I am looking forward to (assuming the turn out good):

Must Buys:
1: Metroid: Other M - trailer was orgasmic
2: Shadow Complex (XBLA) - Modern MetroidVania for the win
3: New Super Mario Bros Wii

Propably:
4: either Halo ODST (like the flashbacks) or Modern Warfare 2
5: Super Mario Galaxy 2: More of the same great stuff
6: Metal Gear Rising
7: Splinter Cell Conviction
8: Mass Effect 2
9: The 3D Marvel Smashbros clone

@Arikado: Halo 3 is great - and the online expirience is so streamlined.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2009 07:28AM by daniel_c_w.
June 05, 2009 07:47PM
Thank you, daniel, someone thats on my side!! :P
June 05, 2009 09:21PM
hey, halo 3 is boo!!!!!!! Halo: CE on the other hand..... I like the PC version more. Even though i play it on a comp with inly 1 gig of ram. =p it runs multiplayer really smooth though, especially when i use trainers. hahahahahahaha
June 05, 2009 09:45PM
Halo 3 is beast!!!!!

z400100500
I like the PC version more.

Are you serious?!?!? You've gotta be kiddin me!!!!!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2009 09:48PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 05, 2009 10:10PM
While all of the Halo's have had some fairly good online functionality (Halo 3 online really was unbelievable actually) I still find the core gameplay experience to very generic and boring, the sound mediocre, and the story somewhat predictable. I far prefer Resistance 2 or even King Kong (which is terribly underrated btw :P) to Halo. Perhaps it's because I don't play online much, or the fact that the core gameplay of Resistance 2 online is far better than Halo any day. As far as fps's go though, I cant wait for Red Steel 2. That may be he fps ever created :D :D :D
June 05, 2009 10:50PM
Yeah, when playing the campaign on halo, i found it to be kind of lame. I guess the story's cool, but that's not what i necessarily like about halo. Multiplayer is what i think makes halo so beastly!! There're a buttload of game modes, and its really fun to play with friends. Forging is another thing i really like about halo. Lol, i like making cheap maps to play with my friend, and then i own him when i hide a rocket launcher somewhere that he can't find, and i make all players start out with pistols!! :P hehe, halo 3 is a fun game! :D

Edit: What exactly is the "Core" of the gameplay?? I'm not sure i understand. :P

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2009 10:51PM by WaxyPumpkin72.
June 05, 2009 11:03PM
Like the multiplayer is a mode, but the "core gameplay" is the running, shooting, weapon selection, etc. that you alone do. Its the stuff that the rest of the game couldn't be there for without.
June 05, 2009 11:06PM
Okay then. i don't really have a problem with the core gameplay. i like it. :P i guess thats just your choice.
June 05, 2009 11:08PM
I felt I could get the same (yet slightly better) core gameplay experience playing Goldeneye 007 actually :P

It also didnt "wow me". (Actually, the last game to do that was God of War II -- and the next will prolly be assassins creed 2 :P)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/05/2009 11:12PM by Arikado.
June 05, 2009 11:15PM
My parents are strict about what i can and can't play, so i've never played assassins creed. :( i'd like to, though. My friend says its dumb "Because there aren't any guns". I think thats dumb. :P
June 06, 2009 01:43AM
WaxyPumpkin72
Halo 3 is beast!!!!!

z400100500
I like the PC version more.

Are you serious?!?!? You've gotta be kiddin me!!!!!

1 word (composed of two words): Multilayer!

Arikado
the sound mediocre
But the score is awesome :D

Arikado
I far prefer Resistance 2 or even King Kong (which is terribly underrated btw :P) to Halo.
I can understand, why you compare Resistance 2 to Halo, but King Kong is such a different kind of game, it's like apples, oranges, and potatoes.
That won't take away your opinion, though

Arikado
It also didnt "wow me". (Actually, the last game to do that was God of War II -- and the next will prolly be assassins creed 2 :P)

I was looking forward to AC2, but the E3 gameplay at UBI's conferece looked like more of the same repetative stuff.
The hangglider part was awesome though.
I think that is a good time to say, that I want a new Pilotwings :D

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2009 01:46AM by daniel_c_w.
June 06, 2009 03:30AM
daniel_cw
Arikado
I far prefer Resistance 2 or even King Kong (which is terribly underrated btw :P) to Halo.
I can understand, why you compare Resistance 2 to Halo, but King Kong is such a different kind of game, it's like apples, oranges, and potatoes.
That won't take away your opinion, though
Agreed, but any chance I have to shout out the gloriousness of King Kong, I'll take.

daniel_cw
Arikado

I was looking forward to AC2, but the E3 gameplay at UBI's conferece looked like more of the same repetative stuff.
The hangglider part was awesome though.
I think that is a good time to say, that I want a new Pilotwings :D
Agreed. The only thing almost more awesome thank the glider was the cinematic trailer for the game.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2009 03:31AM by Arikado.
June 06, 2009 04:03AM
erm, when i said Halo:CE i was talking about Halo Combat Evloved, i.e the first one. And arikado, you said that Resistance 2 is the best fps. New fps, yes. But for all-time supremacy, it definitely goes to Starsiege: Tribes, an 11 yar old game that still has active servers. It is awesome, and nothing will ever beat it. I mean, come on, what other games give everyone a jetpack, a chaingun or mortar launcher, and tricks iin the physics to use explosive disk launchers to fly uber fast? none, that's what. I play it every day on my dinosaur of a computer and it runs perfectly. It may not be the prettiest, but it's the best. And there's no doorknobs to get caught on like in COD5. Especially the Wii version. *shudder* =D
June 06, 2009 04:28AM
Lol, when you said halo CE, i thought you were talking about this!!!
June 06, 2009 05:21AM
no, that's halo:ce:ce =D man what a bad title. And have you ever gotten caught on a doorknob? I have. And then i die. But that's just not hitting the knife button in time. Damn. hmmmmmm.......someon should make a GC controller driver for that. How cool would that be? to bring this on-topic, did anyone see the project natal thing at microsoft's conference? That looks sooooooooooooooooooo cool!
June 06, 2009 06:14AM
Dang, i know!!! Lol, they pwned nintendo with that project!! :P
June 06, 2009 03:51PM
Sigh, fanboys. I have two choices, hilarious video, or purging with fire.
Karma suggests the video.
http://www.vimeo.com/4952629
June 06, 2009 04:15PM
WaxyPumpkin72
Dang, i know!!! Lol, they pwned nintendo with that project!! :P
Erm, no. While NATAL allows for controller-less (and in some cases more active) gameplay, it has it's limits. Since there's no physical controller, it's pretty much impossible to play a huge variety of genres with it (fps's for example). I'll take my Wii Motion Plus Red Steel 2 over baby sitting Milo any day. For the same reasons, I also thought SONY's new motion toy looked better than NATAL.

Edit: BTW, topic destickied because E3 is over.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/06/2009 04:16PM by Arikado.
June 06, 2009 06:43PM
yeah, i saw it, thought "WOW!!!!!", then read about it. Then i started thinking, "that'll have NO use whatsoever in shooting games. crap. Might be good for Skate and Tony Hawk, but not much else. Hmmmmmmm....I also heard that it would mae a digital model of your head and project that onto the character. Cool, but what happens if its an RTS and you play as 50 characters? No thank you. A novelty toy, at best. And i agree with you arikado, I'd take motion plus Red Steel 2 any day. Speaking of that, i never could beat the last level of Red steel.....
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login