Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Doomsday Arrival in 2 Weeks

Posted by pinball Wizard 
Doomsday Arrival in 2 Weeks
September 16, 2008 02:30AM
According to wiili.org which is according to [gbatemp.net] the fated Doomsday of wii homebrew is here: ISO loader by none other than Waniniko. Nintendo will be knocking on someone's door soon wether it be Bushing, for sucking up to try and patch the issue or Waniniko to ask to stop the downloads.
Re: Doomsday Arrival in 2 Weeks
September 16, 2008 06:44AM
Yes I fear that this will cause nintendo to work faster at patching away our beloved and legal homebrew :(

Seriously I know games are expensive but, the game devs work hard on them. If they want to try the games out how hard is it to rent them or play at a friends or something make sure they like it before they spend the money I usually check online study up on games and electronics before I buy them make sure I'm getting my moneys worth before I spend it. So these people that pirate games are descraceful if a game is worth playing its worth paying for. If these people want to pirate let them spend the $20 for a stupid drivechip and not let the rest of us legal homebrewers suffer because of their unwillingness to pay.
September 16, 2008 07:46AM
why doomsday?
even if nintendo can patch it away, our current Wiis will still work fine.
September 16, 2008 03:56PM
The fact that this has ended up on kotaku does make me feel uncomfortable.
[kotaku.com]
September 16, 2008 09:44PM
Yes it has ended up on most gaming related blogs as far as I can tell.
September 17, 2008 01:49AM
daniel_c_w
why doomsday?
even if nintendo can patch it away, our current Wiis will still work fine.

You do what Sony did with the PSP. You patch the issue in updates and to use newer games you must update OR add tons of killer features and you will update. Or take Microsoft's method, forcibly apply updates without your consent.
September 17, 2008 03:39AM
Wii is getting old.They will fix it in wii2 ,im sure.I doubt they will bother so much with patching the wii1,since their revenues are so high on it and will probably stay high for a long time,even with a softmod.Costs of fighting piracy are way to high compared to the alternative at the moment.

Just pure pointless speculations from me , but this is my take on the whole piracy issue.
September 17, 2008 06:29PM
pinball Wizard
You do what Sony did with the PSP. You patch the issue in updates and to use newer games you must update OR add tons of killer features and you will update. Or take Microsoft's method, forcibly apply updates without your consent.

I do not know a lot about the PSP, but neither Microsoft nor Nintendo force you to update.
As off now, Tweezers and co have the wii and its "OS" und full control. So I donot worry about games requiring newer versions

robertfisk
Just pure pointless speculations from me , but this is my take on the whole piracy issue.

I think it's a good one.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2008 06:29PM by daniel_c_w.
September 17, 2008 07:48PM
Well when games get old like snes and such and it becomes a bit harder to obtain games I can partly understand it but Wii is the latest to date console on the market and should be paid for thats all there is to it. People say "oh i need backups cus my games get scratched" well if you actually take care of your games they won't get scratched. I keep all my games in a case they go directly to and from the case to and from my wii and they never have time to get scratched. In the case that a disk does get scratched as far as I know Nintendo will replace game disks and carts that stop working for like $5 which isn't that much money and if u would have taken care of it to begin with you wouldn't have to pay for a replacement.
September 17, 2008 09:01PM
At the very least, this is a very impressive achievment.
September 17, 2008 09:36PM
This post was removed by a moderator. Reason: Inciting illegal activity.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2008 10:57PM by tona.
September 17, 2008 10:56PM
This has very little to do with homebrew applications (especially the post content here), so I'm moving it to off topic.

Also, let's try to avoid comments about personal attack *coughstrongfancough*. It's more certainly not legal or ethical to launch such an attack on anyone.

Let me remind you all that Nintendo has had homebrew-stopping updates in the works before even the VC piracy tools were released. It's not likely that this will change Nintendo's course that greatly, and we're already committed to finding new exploits when Nintendo closes holes. So, I'm not seeing what any of this has to do with the homebrew scene, really. It was an inevitability, but it's not like it has anything to do with any of us.

Edit:
Arikado
At the very least, this is a very impressive achievment.
I guess. He's managed to, erm, read DVD data into memory and execute it. Took him long enough.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/17/2008 10:58PM by tona.
September 18, 2008 02:34AM
If this is true, hopefully it will have benefits directly related to homebrew. Like WiiSX being able to load real hard psx ISOs.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 09/18/2008 02:40AM by Jonas.
September 18, 2008 07:39AM
An ISO loader for Wii games wouldn't have much to do with emulators. They'd just be reading files from DVD, which is already possible.
September 20, 2008 04:21AM
From [wii.waninkoko.info]
#News#
2008/09/19 - Congratulations! I don't care about who leaked Backup-Loader but now it's OFFICIALLY an abandoned project. Enjoy it.
September 20, 2008 07:53AM
So was it actually leaked, or did he just make that up as an excuse to give up?
September 20, 2008 10:33AM
HyperHacker
So was it actually leaked, or did he just make that up as an excuse to give up?
A little of both I'm sure :P
September 20, 2008 07:05PM
It was really leaked. I downloaded it to see what it was. I am not going to even try backing up discs since it installs a .wad into the system. I'm not linking to it for this forum is often visited by pirates.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/20/2008 07:49PM by pinball Wizard.
October 10, 2008 10:52PM
Someone appears to have made a wad backup loader. Fake? Backup Loader WAD
October 10, 2008 11:20PM
Not according to wiili but who knows.
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.