Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Ughhhh, getting stuff of NAND chip.

Posted by ChuckBartowski 
Ughhhh, getting stuff of NAND chip.
June 16, 2009 01:48AM
So i broke my wiis SD card....... And im not sure if the NAND is ok enough, but would it be possible to take out the nand and get the files off of it somehow? Ive heard of people doing it before i think....
Re: Ughhhh, getting stuff of NAND chip.
June 16, 2009 02:19AM
Is there a NAND Dumper that dumps to USB?
June 16, 2009 06:28AM
Who knows. I had my nand backup on that card and my apps plus some non wii stuff.....
June 16, 2009 03:23PM
Wait, you mean actually physically broken? Show some pics. Can you see a black thing poking out? Is the black thing broken in half? If not, I might be able to fix it. If it is, you're semi-screwed.
June 16, 2009 06:51PM
Hmmm, maybe Bootmii + USB Gecko?
June 16, 2009 09:46PM
Zack
Wait, you mean actually physically broken? Show some pics. Can you see a black thing poking out? Is the black thing broken in half? If not, I might be able to fix it. If it is, you're semi-screwed.
Ya physically stepped on...... Im thinking maybe the connection is just bad so my reader wont read it. Ill get some pics.
June 16, 2009 10:09PM
well... here it is: [img26.yfrog.com]
The whole thing actually will open up, as most of both sides and the front are cracked. it wont open all the way, but to a point.

EDIT: I posted in hi res, changed to link.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2009 10:10PM by ChuckBartowski.
June 17, 2009 01:02AM
You just broke the card?
The wii is still fine?

Then what exactly is your problem?

I was under the impression, you wanted to say: "my wii's SD-slot is broken"

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/17/2009 01:03AM by daniel_c_w.
June 17, 2009 02:24AM
LOL is that what you all thought!! Hahahaha! Nononononono. I meant my SD CARD not my wii. Im not that noobish. When i said SD card (yes i did say that in my first post) i meant SD card. Thats why i put this in off topic. XD
June 17, 2009 03:22AM
I thought it was the SD slot too...

So exactly what are you trying to do now? Why arent you just buying a new SD Card?
June 17, 2009 05:08AM
Meh, just feel like trying to save my files and work etc. that were on the card. Figured "hey this would be a cool and usefull project if i could figure out WTF to do."
June 17, 2009 12:46PM
Oh. Well, if the pc wont recognize the card, I think you're screwed.
June 17, 2009 04:59PM
Well... I could fix it if you sent it to me. If you want my address, email me. zack@podtube.us
June 17, 2009 05:26PM
ChuckBartowski
When i said SD card (yes i did say that in my first post) i meant SD card. Thats why i put this in off topic. XD

Credit, where credit's due :D
June 18, 2009 06:46AM
XD. Yeah. But to zack. Yeah maybe. U no of any tutorials or anything online? I wanna try it myself, but i might have to ship it out. @ arikado yeah thats what i thought. But then i found out that technically, if the NAND is ok, i might be able to get stuff off. The NAND is in the lower part and doesnt look cracked.
June 18, 2009 09:51PM
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.
June 18, 2009 10:42PM
ChuckBartowski
XD. Yeah. But to zack. Yeah maybe. U no of any tutorials or anything online? I wanna try it myself, but i might have to ship it out. @ arikado yeah thats what i thought. But then i found out that technically, if the NAND is ok, i might be able to get stuff off. The NAND is in the lower part and doesnt look cracked.
Not a bad idea actually. Although I really don't know what would be required. Perhaps you could buy a working SD Card and swap out NANDs? (BTW, is it actually a NAND or a NOR in SD Cards? -- I'm assuming NAND)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/18/2009 10:42PM by Arikado.
June 19, 2009 02:54AM
its a NAND. And that might be a good idea. I have a few crappy 32 MB cards around that i can spare. Ill have to see about that.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login