Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

DSi - The missing link between DS and Wii homebrew?

Posted by Arikado 
DSi - The missing link between DS and Wii homebrew?
October 02, 2008 10:49PM
If you don't know what the DSi is, head here.

Now then, the DSi has its own SD slot. It also some sort of a channel like interface. So perhaps it would be possible to make a ds homebrew channel. And then that could pave the way for better, easier to set up DS homebrew and maybe even finally lead the way to DS to Wii homebrew. Homebrew games and emulators that could be run on either the DS or Wii through their respective homebrew channels anyone?

Right now this is wishful thinking. But I wanted to be the first to put this idea out there.
Re: DSi - The missing link between DS and Wii homebrew?
October 03, 2008 03:42AM
Yeah, it has potential atleast. No device is unhackable. The developer forgot something one place or another and we will get into it eventually. I would homebrew on my DS now if the intial cost wasn't so high and it returned more back. The ability of getting a DS connecting to a Wii through homebrew is wonderful. If we could fake-sign nintendo for DS application sending, then we could be in the gold-mine.
October 03, 2008 03:48PM
I also read it will support "downloaded" games... *nudge* *nudge* *wink* *wink*
October 03, 2008 04:01PM
Of you could save data, gamesaves etc. to the SD, you could craft a fake gamesave like the twilight hack and something like the first post suggest. It's never too early to wish for something :) :) :)
October 03, 2008 07:52PM
Yeah, would VC/DSWare games save to SD? And would we be able to extract them with something like zestig? (If we got the keys somehow...)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/03/2008 07:52PM by Muzer.
October 03, 2008 08:10PM
axelpaxel
Of you could save data, gamesaves etc. to the SD, you could craft a fake gamesave like the twilight hack and something like the first post suggest. It's never too early to wish for something :) :) :)

Phantom Hour Glass Hack? Lol.

Anyways, downloadable content will probably be the first thing hacked. After that will come a homebrew hack. Unless we need a homebrew hack to install downloadable content wads. Then the order of hacks would be different. In fact, just ignore this speculation.

As a developer for homebrew I'd love to be able to develop an app that could be run from either the ds or wii. It could sense what its being run on and then adjust its control scheme (and loading methods) accordingly. That way, one SD card could be used between both systems. Obviously this would have to be a simple game or emulator, but I think its a good idea.

One more thing, it has an internet browser so perhaps it could be hacked by downloading a virus into itself? Or maybe it could download downloadable content online and then install it into itself? I thing the browser may help us hack it.

These are all ideas and rampant speculation since I don't have the system in my hands. I'm all ready planning on picking one of these up as soon as its available in my region. On a side note; How cool is the new Punchout! for Wii?
October 05, 2008 08:43PM
This would be an interesting homebrew multiplayer canidate with the camera for in game video clips. Imagine saying to someone who looks at you funny "Ohh, don't mind me, I am just video conferencing with my boss of (insert company name here) on my DSi."
October 05, 2008 11:27PM
Thats actually a really cool idea.
October 18, 2008 05:46PM
Umm, I'm not sure what's new here. The DS has been hacked for ages, what's so special about the DSi?
October 18, 2008 06:10PM
The DSi has a SD card slot and a channel like menu. This could mean: No more flashcarts ; ds homebrew channel.
November 09, 2008 12:44AM
Also the DSi rejects DS flashcarts so it needs to be hacked anew, although videos of a purported hack have already hit youtube.
November 09, 2008 01:30AM
Yeah I saw the hack. It looks legit.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login