Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Recording phone conversations

Posted by kieranmullen 
Recording phone conversations
July 13, 2009 11:55PM
One person said it was not allowed but failed to say where. In the anyway U.S. federal law allows recording of phone calls and other electronic communications with the consent of at least one party to the call.
Re: Recording phone conversations
July 14, 2009 12:08AM
Okey-dokey. Thats nice.
July 14, 2009 12:42AM
kieranmullen
One person said it was not allowed but failed to say where. In the anyway U.S. federal law allows recording of phone calls and other electronic communications with the consent of at least one party to the call.

That person was propably me :D

I assumed it would be a law in every sane counrty, that no one can be recorded in any form withuout permission, in general.

Anyway, a quick google search turned up the same phrase that you posted.
Followed by:

38 states and the D.C. permit recording telephone conversations to which they are a party without informing the other parties that they are doing so.

12 states require, under most circumstances, the consent of all parties to a conversation. Those jurisdictions are California, Connecticut, Florida, Illinois, Maryland, Massachusetts, Michigan, Montana, Nevada, New Hampshire, Pennsylvania and Washington.

It is illegal under all jurisdictions to record calls in which one is not a party.

A complete state-by-state set of regulations regarding telephone call recording may be obtained in the following report published by The Reporters Committee for Freedom of the Press:

[www.rcfp.org]
source: [www.callcorder.com]

In Germany it is illegal without consent of all parties to listen in or record.

If this is related to calling a Nintendo representative, I see no reason to record him without him knowing.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2009 12:59AM by daniel_c_w.
July 14, 2009 12:46AM
Here's some info on how it is in the U.S.: [www.rcfp.org]
July 14, 2009 01:02AM
Which state counts, the called one's, or the caller's?
July 14, 2009 01:08AM
Thats a good question, I'm not sure...
I'd assume its the callers, though.....

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/14/2009 01:09AM by WaxyPumpkin72.
July 16, 2009 05:15AM
oh boy! I'm in one of the 12! *looks for tape recorder* Now where's NOA's #? I gotta talk to a rep. no, really, i do. my buddy bricked his wii. the tutorial he followed was on GBAfail. i believe it was 'ULTIMATE guide to softmods!!!". =p
July 16, 2009 08:11AM
Nintendo of America is in Redmond, near Seattle, Washington.
(like Microsoft. Nintendo's building is actually surrounded by MS buildings)
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login