Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Game Hosting

Posted by Moni7or 
Game Hosting
August 17, 2009 02:40AM
So, I've installed Homebrew Channel onto my Wii before. However, I didn't find it very useful; all I could do is let me mess with stuff in the game of my choosing. I have a question regarding that. Is there any way to host created games hia a hack channel?

If not, I'll be the head designer of it. Directing, User Interface, etc. So let me know if you'd like to work on one, because I as a freelancer developer would love being able to host custom Wii games on it.

(PS: I did ask Nintendo about WiiWare, a Mr. Rickens informed me that I'll need tons of experience, proof of said experience, and an office. Since I have moderate experience and no office, I'm screwed over for WiiWare.)
EDIT: If anyone recognizes me from the Bungie forums, yes, it's me. The 360 has gotten boring, and since I own a Wii I'm giving it a fair chance. Hell, I'm saving up for a PS3.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2009 02:42AM by Moni7or.
Re: Game Hosting
August 17, 2009 05:35AM
Homebrew Browser?
August 17, 2009 07:49AM
None of that made any sense to me.
August 17, 2009 09:49AM
Do you mean actual Wii games (i.e. disc ones) that have been hacked, or homebrew games? And what do you mean "host" them?
August 17, 2009 02:51PM
I mean, for aspiring game developers to host games they created on the Wii. Like Indie/XMA Games on the 360, only on the Wii and via hacks.

Sorry for my strange way of speaking, I'm mostly German and Prussian so I speak quite a bit differently than the norm.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/17/2009 03:37PM by Moni7or.
August 17, 2009 03:55PM
Arikado
Homebrew Browser?
August 17, 2009 05:26PM
Yeah, homebrew browser does exactly what you want. Its like Wii Shop, for homebrew. And everything's free.
August 17, 2009 07:35PM
Moni7or
(PS: I did ask Nintendo about WiiWare, a Mr. Rickens informed me that I'll need tons of experience, proof of said experience, and an office. Since I have moderate experience and no office, I'm screwed over for WiiWare.)

I can fake an office, my dad owns a restaurant an hours journey from my home, and i could probably photocopy a certificate from my IT teacher. See, if a 15 year old IT examiner can do it why not you
August 17, 2009 09:08PM
Arikado
Arikado
Homebrew Browser?
Yep!

Moni7or, It's very simple you develop a game, follow this pakaging guide (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Homebrew_Browser#Notes_for_Homebrew_Developers), post it to Wiibrew.org. Teknecal will add it to Homebrew Browser.
August 17, 2009 09:15PM
Moni7or

By this, do you mean you want to make a WiiWare channel to download homebrew? Cause that ain't gonna work. As far as Nintendo (and any other games company) is concerned, homebrew = piracy. Usually, they choose conviently not to crush it, and some encourage it in a way (like XNA Game Studio for Xbox 360, which lets people make "homebrew" officially, but is limited). Basically, Nintendo, while they dont actually try too hard to beat homebrew, they probably wont actively support it by allowing a homebrew downloading channel into WiiWare. Oh, and also, if you did do that, you'd have access to the official Nintendo SDK, which may mean you can no longer legally develop homebrew, because you know too much about the official stuff, and could accidently (or purposefully) add that to homebrew libraries/SDKs, endangering their legality.
August 18, 2009 01:35PM
SifJar
By this, do you mean you want to make a WiiWare channel to download homebrew? Cause that ain't gonna work. As far as Nintendo (and any other games company) is concerned, homebrew = piracy.

Bushing seems to think slightly different if you watch his conference on wii hacking, he said that nintendo put more effort into stopping wad piracy than stopping HBC installs. How long has it taken then to actually make a system menu that stopped the twilight hack, when they said they would delete unauthorised channels did the HBC stay?

you may be right that they feel the homebrew is piracy but they sure aint acting on it
August 18, 2009 08:38PM
SteelSLasher
SifJar
By this, do you mean you want to make a WiiWare channel to download homebrew? Cause that ain't gonna work. As far as Nintendo (and any other games company) is concerned, homebrew = piracy.

Bushing seems to think slightly different if you watch his conference on wii hacking, he said that nintendo put more effort into stopping wad piracy than stopping HBC installs. How long has it taken then to actually make a system menu that stopped the twilight hack, when they said they would delete unauthorised channels did the HBC stay?

you may be right that they feel the homebrew is piracy but they sure aint acting on it

I think they recognize the difference between piracy and homebrew, and take action against piracy, but at the same time, they have to give the appearance of fighting homebrew, get what I mean?
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login