Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

FUNNY story

Posted by Xibenix 
FUNNY story
August 18, 2009 08:37PM
Hello a few months ago my wii got bricked well i could not get to system menu. I tried everything to fix it did not work. By the way i bought it in 2006 November 1st day it came out. We called up nintendo they looked up my wii serial number and they said it was bought in April 2009 and i still have a 1 year manufactuaring warranty im like WTF. Well so we told them we couldnt get to system menu i didnt tell them i had any 3rd party junk on it and we are sending it in. It still has preloader installed on it i took sd card out. So have any idea how it says it was bought in april 2009? Also do you think they will fix it even thought 3rd party stuff voids warranty? thanks
Re: FUNNY story
August 18, 2009 08:43PM
Xibenix
So have any idea how it says it was bought in april 2009?

Nintendo is not good with organization maybe?

Xibenix
Also do you think they will fix it even thought 3rd party stuff voids warranty?

They will probably just remove the homebrew stuff.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2009 08:44PM by TopGun96.
August 18, 2009 08:44PM
They MAY charge extra, it says in their price list they will, but they will tell you of all costs before commencing work, and you can tell them not to bother and have it sent back, no cost. And when I say extra, I mean about the price of a new wii, on top of the cost of repairs. So really depends how much you like your saves and miis. As for them thinking you bought it more recently, I dunno, sure you gave them the right serial? Did you register it recently with club nintendo or anything?
August 18, 2009 08:45PM
Well how it got bricked i have no idea i hit format in wii menu then bam brick and preloader

Also im sure its the original wii because i bought vc in 2006 and still had it. This is extremely weird and lucky as fuck.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/18/2009 08:46PM by Xibenix.
August 19, 2009 06:34AM
Xibenix
Well how it got bricked i have no idea i hit format in wii menu then bam brick and preloader

Preloader + System Format = Brick

Anyway, well, they'll most definitely find it, but since you're under warranty, they'll prolly do for you what they did for me, they'll call you, and make sure it is ok with you for them to remove this stuff
August 19, 2009 02:39PM
I don't even know why they bother removing the HBC and whatnot..... We're just gonna put it back on!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login