Quick Question about .rar files

Posted by ICEing 
Re: Quick Question about .rar files
October 01, 2009 10:49PM
October 01, 2009 11:24PM
SteelSLasher

and two, 7zip has trouble opening some rar files for an unknown reason

never had any trouble with it, i've been using it for years and extracted alot of rar files with it.
October 02, 2009 12:21AM
SifJar
SteelSLasher

never had any trouble with it, i've been using it for years and extracted alot of rar files with it.
I have noticed this too.
October 02, 2009 12:34AM
SifJar
SteelSLasher

I've never had any problems with it either. It works great for me.
October 02, 2009 12:59AM
scanff

OMG how ignorant.

I'm almost positive that article was a joke, and if not... a massive facepalm in order
October 02, 2009 01:33AM
cactusjack901
scanff

OMG how ignorant.

I'm almost positive that article was a joke, and if not... a massive facepalm in order

I'm not sure it was a joke. Did you see the rest of the site?
October 02, 2009 07:26AM
scanff
cactusjack901
scanff

OMG how ignorant.

I'm not sure it was a joke. Did you see the rest of the site?

yeah... just read more of it, found this gem

nutjobs
These clever Mexican hackers have taken over many of the word’s email systems by taking advantage of vulnerabilities in the Linux operating system placed in the computer program by their Chinese communist allies.
....I'm not so sure that was a joke
October 02, 2009 08:23AM
nutjobs
These clever Mexican hackers have taken over many of the word’s email systems by taking advantage of vulnerabilities in the Linux operating system placed in the computer program by their Chinese communist allies.

Because Windows is SO much more of a secure OS, and Linux is SO easy to hack with it's tiny amount of distro's. :-)
October 02, 2009 07:47PM
Lol just read this :

And guess what software Osama Bin Laden uses on his laptop?

If you guessed it was Linux you would be 100% right. Osama uses Linux because he knows designed to counterfit DVDs, curcumventing the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, and defraud companies like Disney.

Next time somebody asks you how Al Queda agents pay for their rifles and rocket launchers, you can tell them that foreign hackers make software called Linux which helps them steal from Americans.

HA. If this isnt a joke, whoever wrote this is incredibly ignorant (likemost Americans then ;P).
October 02, 2009 08:12PM
SifJar
Lol just read this :

If you guessed it was Linux you would be 100% right. Osama uses Linux because he knows designed to counterfit DVDs, curcumventing the Digital Millenium Copyright Act, and defraud companies like Disney.

Next time somebody asks you how Al Queda agents pay for their rifles and rocket launchers, you can tell them that foreign hackers make software called Linux which helps them steal from Americans.

HA. If this isnt a joke, whoever wrote this is incredibly ignorant (likemost Americans then ;P).

Because there are absolutely NO DVD pirating software out there for Windows. And like Bin Laden would have the computer knowledge to use Linux. He'd shut down the computer on Gparted and corrupt the Hard Drive. Also, that could be an insult to Americans.

P.S. I am not American
October 02, 2009 08:22PM
SifJar
Lol just read this :

I guess I'm half ignorant but I was not born here!
October 02, 2009 08:37PM
metroid_maniac

Because there are absolutely NO DVD pirating software out there for Windows. And like Bin Laden would have the computer knowledge to use Linux. He'd shut down the computer on Gparted and corrupt the Hard Drive. Also, that could be an insult to Americans.

P.S. I am not American

Um, yeah that was the idea. But note the ;P after it denoting a joke. And BTW, I am obviously not American (just thought I should point that out for any American readers ;P lol)
October 02, 2009 08:46PM
SifJar
metroid_maniac

P.S. I am not American

Um, yeah that was the idea. But note the ;P after it denoting a joke. And BTW, I am obviously not American (just thought I should point that out for any American readers ;P lol)

Yeah, I know :-)
October 03, 2009 12:28AM
metroid_maniac
7zip is apparently one of the best compressors out there. however, it is highly used by Linux so it might be a communist plot...

Errrr, NO?
Please, folks:

GPL != Linux
In fact, a 7-zip port for *nix appeared only much later than the original Win version.
October 03, 2009 08:38AM
Fair enough. But it is STILL open source. THE TRUTH ABOUT OPEN SOURCE!!!

P.S. watchsome of his electronics reviews
October 03, 2009 02:31PM
Error: Offtopic Chatter detected.
Error: Cannot continue.
Resolution: Abort! Abort!
Sorry, you can't reply to this topic. It has been closed.