Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Modern Warfare Reflex and Other Shooters

Posted by sanman 
Modern Warfare Reflex and Other Shooters
November 08, 2009 06:17AM
Has anyone seen the latest footage from the game Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Reflex?

Wow, I was pretty impressed with what a I saw. I similarly liked the visual detail on Deadspace Extraction, even though it was on rails, but what I didn't like about it was that it was a horror genre. I hate horror stuff - unless they make it campy, like High Voltage Software's upcoming title, The Grinder.
I don't even like Left4Dead that much - at least The Grinder has cooler looking enemies, rather than just blood-n-guts zombies, or nightmarish-looking aliens. I also liked The Conduit enough to buy it.

I admit though, I would love to see a port of Time Crisis to Wii, even if it is a rails game. Other fun rails-like games I've seen in the arcades were 2Spicy and Keisatsukan Police 911. I think the Balance Board would be an excellent way to do duck-and-reload. I would also love to see an FPS game that makes use of the Wii Jogging mechanic from Wii Fit, to help your player move around the playing field/level.

Anyway, Modern Warfare Reflex looks to be a title worth buying. I'm impressed with how polished the graphics looked for Wii and I hope it does well, because if it does then it would send other publishers of high-end titles scrambling to put out Wii-makes that squeeze more out of the Wii's hardware in order to sell to the larger Wii market.
Re: Modern Warfare Reflex and Other Shooters
November 08, 2009 08:36PM
sanman
I admit though, I would love to see a port of Time Crisis to Wii, even if it is a rails game.

I think the Balance Board would be an excellent way to do duck-and-reload. I would also love to see an FPS game that makes use of the Wii Jogging mechanic from Wii Fit, to help your player move around the playing field/level.

i played the arcade version of time crisis and there is a peddle stuck to machine for ducking and reloading

and i just got reflex today, seems like i got lucky with the postal strikes and all being really inconsistent, i wont play it till release day though since i have an exam to do

also, where did you see vids, i havent found any, ign and gamespot seem to be empty
November 09, 2009 01:21AM
Hi, go on Youtube, and you'll see plenty of vids for Modern Warfare Reflex.
Here are some search results:

[www.youtube.com]

(Just as an aside, I came across this link to a clever HTML5 youtube-viewer: [neosmart.net]
Check it out! It's even more efficient than the regular Flashplayer used by Youtube itself. It would be cool if HTML5 could be featured on Wii's browser, because then Wii would be able to play videos much more efficiently. Maybe someone could think about how to achieve that.)

Regarding Time Crisis: yeah, I know there's that pedal - that's why I mentioned using the Balance Board to do something similar.
Nintendo is taking all this flak for not appealing to hardcore gamers, and we can see them helping to rush some games out for hardcore action (eg. MadWorld, The Conduit, Deadspace Extraction, and now Modern Warfare Reflex)
But how come they're not trying for cool stuff like TimeCrisis+BalanceBoard, etc, etc? They should really do stuff like that, because that's the kind of hardcore action stuff that Wii can do which nobody else can do. I think that's what I would do if I was in charge, and was taking flak for not being appealing to hardcore gamers.
November 09, 2009 09:54PM
sanman
I think that's what I would do if I was in charge, and was taking flak for not being appealing to hardcore gamers.

why not just ban all publishers who dare try and publish games which get less than 8 from game reviewers, means we always get quality games no matter what
November 10, 2009 03:13AM
SteelSLasher
why not just ban all publishers who dare try and publish games which get less than 8 from game reviewers, means we always get quality games no matter what
LOL.
November 10, 2009 03:28AM
SteelSLasher

That would mean Ninty would have to ban themselves for some of their games...
November 10, 2009 08:36PM
SteelSLasher
sanman
I think that's what I would do if I was in charge, and was taking flak for not being appealing to hardcore gamers.

I assume you mean 8/10, rather than 8%, but still the latter would still cause some Wii games to be banned, they're that crap (IMO anyway).
November 10, 2009 08:59PM
SifJar
SteelSLasher
sanman

I assume you mean 8/10, rather than 8%, but still the latter would still cause some Wii games to be banned, they're that crap (IMO anyway).
What about these games? [www.mywiinews.com]
November 10, 2009 09:10PM
Ninjabread Man (one of the games on that list) is a game which I believe is so crap it SPELLS ITS OWN NAME WRONG ON THE BOX. That's right. Its that crap.
November 11, 2009 03:48PM
There's a friend of mine in another forum who played Anubis II as a personal challenge.

I want to play this shitload of fail so badly T_T
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login