Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Redsn0w

Posted by WaxyPumpkin72 
Re: Redsn0w
November 25, 2009 07:30PM
With redsn0w it flashes the whole IPSW, blackra1n just does the exploit. There have been reports that blackra1n's jailbreak isn't as thorough as others, e.g. apps which need root access cant always get it, but that can be fixed by installing one thing from Cydia. Overall, its much more straight forward. You dont have to find an IPSW, you dont have to do the DFU mode thing.
November 25, 2009 09:46PM
gotcha! yeah that site i had posted had the IPSW file so i guess i didn't have to deal with too much searchin!
December 22, 2009 08:07AM
*Sigh*

I just finally got my touch, and for some reason whenever I run blackra1n, the process is successful. However, once it is finished, I get a picture on my ipod that says to plug in my ipod to itunes, and iTunes says i can't use the ipod until its restored. Once I restore it, guess what? No blackra1n.

If I could have some more help, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
December 22, 2009 03:54PM
What firmware is your iPod?
December 22, 2009 04:48PM
You have a 3rd gen iPod Touch I'm guessing, which means you can only do a "tethered" jailbreak. What this means is that everytime you turn it off, you have to turn it on again by connecting it to your computer and running blackra1n again. My brother is this situation as well, so tends not to turn off his iPod, and always makes sure it is well charged.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 12/22/2009 04:48PM by SifJar.
December 22, 2009 10:37PM
SifJar
You have a 3rd gen iPod Touch I'm guessing, which means you can only do a "tethered" jailbreak. What this means is that everytime you turn it off, you have to turn it on again by connecting it to your computer and running blackra1n again. My brother is this situation as well, so tends not to turn off his iPod, and always makes sure it is well charged.
Yes, I discovered this after a while. Thanks for the help.
December 22, 2009 10:45PM
No problem. Hopefully there will be an untethered jailbreak soon enough.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login