Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

sic! ftp

Posted by darklink 
sic! ftp
December 03, 2009 04:59AM
i have a ftp client on my nokia n95 but i have problem connecting it to my pc, i can connect just fine to the wii with ftpii but i cant connect it to my pc.
Help plz!!
Re: sic! ftp
December 03, 2009 02:29PM
I'm guessing that you don't have an FTP server on your PC (it's not something that's there by default)...
December 04, 2009 05:35AM
umm yeah i do i have filezilla server and golden ftp server
December 04, 2009 07:13AM
can you connect to the ftp with another computer on the network, or even localhost? Maybe check the port is not blocked on the PC.
December 05, 2009 05:03AM
yes my brother has a laptop and we both have filezilla servers and clients and we can connect
December 06, 2009 05:03PM
Your phone is connected to a different network than your computer. If your computer says that it's IP address is 192.168.whatever.whatever, than you need to do this to find out the real address:

1. Go to this site: [www.whatismyip.com]
2. Copy down the numerical address listed in the top center
3. Try to connect.
December 07, 2009 12:22AM
actually i asked one of my teachers and he told me the exact same thing and i tried that and it still doesnt work
December 08, 2009 02:29PM
Got a firewall? You'd need to make an exception for port 21 for this to work - you may have your firewall set to allow everything on the internal network, but block on the external (ie, the internet). The ultimate test is to turn off the firewall briefly and test it out then.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login