Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Totally unfounded rumour - possible new N64 emulator!

Posted by JustWoody 
Totally unfounded rumour - possible new N64 emulator!
December 02, 2008 09:00PM
OK firstly there is absolutely no foundation to this rumour whatsoever, but putting two and two together... and following the clues

StrmnNrmn author of Daedalus N64 emulator most recently seen on the PSP has updated his blog [strmnnrmn.blogspot.com] after nearly a year with the following:

...For what it's worth, I'm currently working on a new port of Daedalus. I'm going to keep the target platform secret for now, but I think it's very exciting. ...

Now I don't know if you're thinking what I'm thinking, but there aren't too many platforms that this is likely to be... namely the Wii!

Fingers crossed that he is undertaking this port for the Wii as he performed miracles running this at a reasonable framerate on the PSP
Re: Totally unfounded rumour - possible new N64 emulator!
December 02, 2008 09:19PM
Yes, the PSP version ran faster than I could've ever hoped. I hope he does work on one for the wii. Despite my hopes, since emukidid and his team have made so much progress I think it may be a little pointless. But if a little friendly competition were to speed things up on both ends...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2008 09:20PM by Arikado.
December 03, 2008 06:58AM
Daedalus will be a success for the Wii. Currently, the Daedalus on PSP runs faster, with better sound than Wii64, which is still pretty good.
December 04, 2008 09:19PM
Wii64 is useless at the moment, but even still it has made much progress. If he can make it run at 49 fps before Wii64 can, then Wii64 goes out the Window.
December 05, 2008 09:31AM
I think its good that a number of people are working on N64 emulators for the Wii as was the case with the PC N64 emus back in the day, where users had there own favorite.
December 05, 2008 10:50AM
strongfan
If he can make it run at 49 fps before Wii64 can, then Wii64 goes out the Window.

Why is 49fps an important treshohld?
December 07, 2008 02:20AM
it's what I mark as tollerable.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login