Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Different game controllers

Posted by dirtrider73068 
Different game controllers
December 23, 2009 02:53AM
Let me try and word this and say without saying something that ain't suppose to be said, I discovered tonight how to get the games on my nes emulator, I figured it would work with the wii mote. Now If i add games to the supernes, and sega genisis, will the wii mote work or will I need another controller for those systems. I also have a super mario 64 channel and don't know what that is, is it a game or emulator?
Re: Different game controllers
December 23, 2009 03:01AM
Are you talking about Virtual Console games from the Wii Shop?
You do need a GameCube controller or Wii Classic Controller for Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64, but Genesis works with just the Wii Remote
December 23, 2009 03:20AM
I knew it would take the game cube controller for game cube games. But I guess what I need to say is to play the emulator games, does it take different controllers for the different systems its emulating?
December 23, 2009 03:23AM
So you are talking about Virtual Console games (i.e. games on the Wii Menu as Channels)?
For Super Nintendo and Nintendo 64 games you need a either a Wii Classic Controller or a GameCube controller.

Or emulators in the HBC?
Those have similar controls to the Virtual Console but for SuperNES you can use just a Wii Remote

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/23/2009 03:28AM by bg4545.
December 23, 2009 03:45AM
Well I am trying to word it right without being in violation of rules. I have got some games on my emulators, which are channels on my wii. Nintendo emulators I am sure can use the wii controller, but what about the super nintendo, and sega genisis emulators? What controllers would you need to use in order to play the games in the emulator?
December 23, 2009 03:51AM
So you have emulator channels? Like SNES9x GX, FCEUGX, and Genesis Plus? And you have ROMs for them on your SD card?
Emulators and custom channels are not against the rules..
The Super Nintendo and Sega Genesis emulators can be used with the Wii Remote by itself but the [SNES] Virtual Console games you buy from the Wii Shop can't
December 23, 2009 04:02AM
Yea I have those three, SNES9x GX, FCEUGX, and Genesis Plus, and have a couple roms on my sd card for fceugx. And was wondering if the snes9x, and genesis plus would work with the wii controller.
December 23, 2009 04:05AM
Oh okay. Well yes they do.
December 23, 2009 04:09AM
cool thanks!
December 23, 2009 04:25AM
lol gotta give him credit for "skirting" around the issue just to be safe...

10 posts later we can answer his simple question :D
December 23, 2009 04:39AM
lol yea sorry I had just joined and my first post for help got deleted so I am trying to stay safe from the wrong things. But being new to wii and here I don't know what is illegal and what isn't. All those put in read on front page I don't even know what they are or anything about them is how guess you can say thick I am to this, but am learning pretty quick.
December 23, 2009 03:04PM
As long as you don't ask about where to find ROMs, you are fine. You can even ask about game issues. (i.e. Sonic 2 is too slow)
December 28, 2009 03:16AM
May I add this. I decided to try a hack. XD. Call me dumb if you want, but I modded my wiimote and threw a parallel port on it. Then, I made a custom cable running to an old NES controller. Boom! Now playing NES classics with a NES controller. It really isn't that had to do, just have to be careful with the Wiimote... I'd throw a few pics in, but the camera's in the shop...

Can I ask also, has anyone had any luck with burning, ro, er, games onto a DVD and playing them in the Genesis emulator? I've had no luck, but my discs work fine for FCEU, SNES, and VisualBoyAdvance... Odd, eh? DVD-Rs...

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/28/2009 03:17AM by slyfox299.
December 28, 2009 06:17AM
Genesis Plus GX must not have DVD support.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login