Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Center the hand cursor

Posted by WalangAlam 
Center the hand cursor
January 27, 2010 02:43AM
is there an easy way to center the hand cursor? sometimes i can't see my hand cursor and i have difficulty in making it appear on the screen. Sometimes, the hand cursor does not stay in one place and its like a jumping ball. How can I make it steady? Sorry noob in using wii.
Re: Center the hand cursor
January 27, 2010 02:53AM
get stronger IR led's or move closer to the screen.
January 27, 2010 03:13AM
can i buy IR led separately from the remote? it is still under warranty can i get a replacement from the video store? is a low battery power can cause this? I'm 3 feet away from the monitor/sensor.
January 27, 2010 03:49AM
Maybe you should scoot back then. the Wii Remote does the sensing, all the sensor bar is, is bar with IR LED's. So either the IR camera in the remote is messed up, you are too close or far from the bar, or the sensor bar isn't emitting as well as it should. If you absolutely have to be 3 feet away, build a smaller wireless sensor bar that ha the LED's closer together.
January 27, 2010 10:52AM
Chances are that you have a light next/near/above your TV? Just as a test, turn off all lights in your house and see if it still acts funny.
January 28, 2010 02:06AM
thanks guys. moving away solved the problem. maybe i was less than 3 feet away from the sensor since i was playing in front of a pc monitor. didn't rtfm.

@ Daid thanks for the info too about light. I will also try that.
January 29, 2010 02:31AM
@crisco-Can you get larger ir led's and put them in the wii sensor to improve the performance with hand on the tv? Or is better to build a better one? WHat does it entail to build one or has anybody tried that project yet?
January 30, 2010 02:03AM
I have a small wireless sensor bar I made in a tiny one with LEDs closer together that is great for close spaces.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login