Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Netflix on wii

Posted by darklink 
Netflix on wii
February 20, 2010 09:10AM
Nintendo announced that soon Netflix will be available on the wii.
Post comments and what you think about it.
Nintendo site
Netflix site
Re: Netflix on wii
February 20, 2010 09:40AM
Nintendo finally added something worth while to the wii! It took them long enough, haha.
February 20, 2010 09:05PM
I'm wondering how much memory it would take up....
February 20, 2010 09:31PM
I accidently ordered one off of Netflix a while even though our new TV supports it. :) Thank goodness it's free!
February 20, 2010 11:01PM
I probably won't even be using this feature, I've already got it all set up on my 360. I still thinks its cool that Nintendo decided to add it, though.
February 20, 2010 11:40PM
hunterm
I'm wondering how much memory it would take up....

iirc, it'll be on a disc, like the PS3 has
February 21, 2010 03:28AM
According to the website it will be streaming video over a channel but like any channel it will take up memory.

However if Nintendo has any brains whatsoever they will make this channel able to run off the sd card like games do and just temporarily use Wii memory. I imagine though that being just a player with a menu and all the software for selection and the actual content being online the channel itself will probably be small. Not as small as the 1 block picture channel but I would guess it should be no bigger than 40 blocks, but that is just my opinion.

I could be way off and the channel could HAVE to be on the Wii and could be loaded with features that could have been net based but were channel based because of dumb programmers unaware of the Wii's limited drive size, and it could be a large as 200 blocks. I guess my point is considering the lack of information released so far it is just a guestimation game at this point. You all know what I am guessing it will be like, what do you think it will shape up to be?

Have a good one, talk to you all later.

Sincerely,
Elmoreas
March 26, 2010 09:38PM
I received my netflix disc today, its currently asking for an update but obviously I don't want to update because I'll lose my homebrew channel and bootmii. Any one know a way around this?
March 26, 2010 09:45PM
eyesofnova
...but obviously I don't want to update because I'll lose my homebrew channel and bootmii.
no you wont
March 26, 2010 09:52PM
bg4545
eyesofnova
...but obviously I don't want to update because I'll lose my homebrew channel and bootmii.
no you wont

Thanks.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 03/26/2010 09:58PM by eyesofnova.
April 01, 2010 07:32AM
Can a Homebrew Netflix App be made? And posted for everyone (that has a valid account) to use.

Since the Netflix CD is freely distributed to Netflix customers, basicly this would be promoting easier netflix account access, since you still have to have a valid account.
April 01, 2010 08:12AM
Why don't you just get the Netflix DVD?
April 01, 2010 04:10PM
Kind of like reason for all the other homebrew apps,,

Would be greater to just have a channel/app to click and go, instead of finding the Netflix disk.

Like all the emulators and other homebrew items.
April 14, 2010 09:20PM
eyesofnova
bg4545
eyesofnova
no you wont

Thanks.

Is it confirmed that it will not effect the homebrew?
April 14, 2010 11:00PM
shmully
Is it confirmed that it will not effect the homebrew?
There's no reason that it would..
April 16, 2010 06:49AM
Well it'd be fine to make yourself a channel, but it'd be illegal to share that channel
April 16, 2010 10:01AM
I might sign up for Netflix soon, just for this, when the time comes, I think I'll look into making myself a channel. For convenience sake. I can't see it being too much work

EDIT: I mean, it's really just a boot.dol and some files that it could just as easily reference the NAND for, right? If that much

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/16/2010 10:01AM by cactusjack901.
April 20, 2010 03:53AM
bg4545
Well it'd be fine to make yourself a channel, but it'd be illegal to share that channel
How would one go about doing something like this?
April 20, 2010 04:50AM
waxypumpkin it requires tools not supported here.
April 20, 2010 05:21AM
...I see.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login