Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Any Trade In Value For VC Games?

Posted by SimpsonsJunkie 
Any Trade In Value For VC Games?
March 09, 2010 07:14AM
1st time posting since the Piracy Notice went up and I LOVE IT. Having Long John Silver sing to me for forgetting to check the statement after previewing my message was a little much though. I'm thinking about trading my Wii in for a newer black console. I'd really prefer to transfer my Wii Shop account over to the new console but Nintendo won't let me do it. I've read Nintendo's site and they say the games are licensed to me, not sold. Does that mean if I trade my Wii in that I will not receive any trade in value for the VC content due to the store having to delete it? Any thoughts?
Re: Any Trade In Value For VC Games?
March 09, 2010 09:17AM
No, you won't add any trade in value
March 10, 2010 07:29AM
Yeah, that is what I was thinking. Can't justify getting a new nintendo just to match the color of the rest of my electronics if I'm going to just lose a hundred bucks in downloads. Nintendo needs to get with the times and let users create an account that links them with their VC games for life, not just the life of the console. There is about $50 in games I'd like to download, but I just can't justify it when the downloads are linked to that console and that console only.
March 10, 2010 08:09AM
SimpsonsJunkie
Yeah, that is what I was thinking. Can't justify getting a new nintendo just to match the color of the rest of my electronics if I'm going to just lose a hundred bucks in downloads. Nintendo needs to get with the times and let users create an account that links them with their VC games for life, not just the life of the console. There is about $50 in games I'd like to download, but I just can't justify it when the downloads are linked to that console and that console only.

Thing is, its the most efficient way for digital distribution. Flawed, yes, highly efficient, yes. Think about it, they don't need to keep extra servers for accounts/licenses pertaining to people. Tie it to the console, and its done, when that console connects, the Wii Shop server sees that its console X, and says ok, console X has the tickets for titles A B and C, and so do I, so the user can download them.

This is, of course, also what makes the piracy easy, as opposed to an account system. Not to say that it wouldn't eventually be cracked with the account system, just that its harder. At least, this is my opinion
March 21, 2010 05:52PM
Buy a black wii, swap the cases, and return the Wii without stuff on it.
March 21, 2010 06:20PM
Won't work.
March 23, 2010 01:27PM
Zack
Buy a black wii, swap the cases, and return the Wii without stuff on it.

LOL! Why not just get a black case?!
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login