Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

BIT.TRIP RUNNER

Posted by Superyoshi 
BIT.TRIP RUNNER
May 24, 2010 03:47PM
If you want to download this game "for free", you're wrong here.

BIT.TRIP RUNNER
Price: 800 Wii Points
Genre: Platformer
Developer: Gaijin Games ( [www.gaijingames.com] )

Just bought this some days ago on the Wii Shop, and I must say, OH MY GAWD IS THIS HARD.

Basically, you are Commander Video, a Atari 2600-ish looking man and he automatically runs forward. You have to jump, slide, kick and block at the right times to not run in anything.

Hit wall. Lose a life.
Hit rock. Lose a life.
Fall in a pit. Lose a life.
Basically, if anything stops you, you lose.

Well, actually, there are no lifes - you just go back to the beginning of the level*. But this is really annyoing when you have to repeat a 2 minute jumping sequence like 50 times D:

*Though they mentioned you can get a Game Over somehow if you really try... wut?

It starts off pretty easy, but gets hard really quick. My sister didn't get past level 1-2, my father not past 1-11.
Though there are just 36 levels, every level (except bosses) has a retro bonus level, which makes the count go up to 69. Get all gold bars in the normal stages, go to retro stage. Problem is you only have one life in those.
And if you still want a challenge after getting all gold in the retro stages, get all perfect scores to get into the Hall of Fame of the developer.

Personally I think this is the best part of the series yet. It's really REEAALLY hard, yet addicting. Chiptune Soundtrack is awesome - especially the title screen - and the graphics are awesome.

Metacritic shows a Metascore of 90, User Score is 9.8 (as of when I wrote this post on another forum :P ) [www.metacritic.com]
Official Nintendo Magazine (UK) gave 93%. [www.officialnintendomagazine.co.uk]
GoNintendo gives 9.1 [gonintendo.com]

Right now I'm stuck in 3-11, one level before the final boss... dodging metors by 3 pixels, surviving a attack of 15 beats is already hard, but then also collecting all the gold? D: I have a feeling getting all gold bars will be really hard.
Re: BIT.TRIP RUNNER
May 24, 2010 07:24PM
It looks fun. I might get it sometime! I have played all of the Bit.Trip games, but they are almost TOO hard.
Re: BIT.TRIP RUNNER
May 24, 2010 10:51PM
this one is ridiculously hard, but incredibly fun. I think it may even be the best Bit.Trip game
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login