Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

I'm learning C++ (Finally)

Posted by cactusjack901 
I'm learning C++ (Finally)
June 07, 2010 07:38AM
So, I've finally decided to sit down and start learning C++. Half of it is because I've always had an interest in coding for a large part of my life, and half because I wanna finally contribute to this Wii scene I love so much. So, I've decided that I'll keep you guys updated on my progress, if I write any programs for the Wii that I find to be halfway decent or useful, I'll release them here, along with the source so that you guys can possibly give me pointers and whatnot.

And now, I begin
Re: I'm learning C++ (Finally)
June 07, 2010 10:45AM
Moved to OffTopic because the Coding forum is for Wii specific programming, which this isn't really.
June 07, 2010 01:07PM
SifJar
Moved to OffTopic because the Coding forum is for Wii specific programming, which this isn't really.

Alright then. Thanks for not locking it though =)
June 07, 2010 04:04PM
Update #1: I've got a basic idea of how C++ in and of itself works. I don't know if it's the sleep deprivation or how much I'm trying to learn at the moment, but I'm not quite grasping floating point variables. I'll get the hang of it soon though, I think.
June 07, 2010 06:32PM
TBH, I'm not really sure this forum is the place for this sort of thing...have you considered getting Twitter? Its more suited to what you are doing here in my opinion. I'll leave this for now though...
June 09, 2010 12:19AM
SifJar
TBH, I'm not really sure this forum is the place for this sort of thing...have you considered getting Twitter? Its more suited to what you are doing here in my opinion. I'll leave this for now though...

It's handy to have here. I'll read this thread, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't read cactus' twitter. After all, isn't this what the offtopic forum is for?

Sorry for going offtopic by the wao y, but I just had to say that I find this thread interesting before you close it. (But you shouldn't close it IMO.)
June 09, 2010 12:44AM
profetylen
SifJar

It's handy to have here. I'll read this thread, but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't read cactus' twitter. After all, isn't this what the offtopic forum is for?

Sorry for going offtopic by the wao y, but I just had to say that I find this thread interesting before you close it. (But you shouldn't close it IMO.)

Thank you. My main goal with this thread is to meter progress of my learning of C++ and then document my first few programs for the Wii when the time is right (possibly even while still learning)
June 09, 2010 01:14PM
Fair enough, go ahead then :)
June 25, 2010 08:45AM
Heres a Site to learn the basics of C++ (Not wii specific) Www.cplusplus.com
June 26, 2010 09:10AM
NotAWiiHacker
Heres a Site to learn the basics of C++ (Not wii specific) Www.cplusplus.com

thanks, but I've been using learncpp.com

I've also kinda stalled out right now, life decided to get hectic
August 31, 2010 04:53AM
What's up everyone, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hey. Hopefully I posted this in the right section!

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/31/2010 01:32PM by Arikado.
August 31, 2010 05:13AM
amandak695
What's up everyone, I'm new to the forum and just wanted to say hey. Hopefully I posted this in the right section!

Are you new to forums in general? You just replied to someone else's thread.
August 31, 2010 06:14AM
Bot, did you not notice the "sig" related to piracy
August 31, 2010 07:00AM
and it's a girl name... just sayin...
September 22, 2010 01:33AM
Good luck on C++, I will start to learn it soon myself, And I hope it isn't too hard.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login