Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

WiiBrew apprived USB loading?

Posted by Mathew_Wi 
WiiBrew apprived USB loading?
July 04, 2010 05:00PM
I know that everyone thinks that they are just for piracy and such. Why doesn't someone just make a cIOS and USB loader that checks the DVD first?

Because I for one use USB loaders to actually back up my originals. Since my Wii is getting old, I try not to use the DVD drive as much.
I think loading from external hard drive is very convenient.

Another example of a "Piracy Tool" Wad Manager, also has Wad Import, that checks if you own the title.

I'm not asking for any USB loader support or anything, I'm just suggesting something and hope someone will read this.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/04/2010 05:00PM by Mathew_Wi.
Re: WiiBrew apprived USB loading?
July 04, 2010 05:20PM
Mathew_Wi
Why doesn't someone just make a cIOS and USB loader that checks the DVD first?
Because that would defeat the purpose of USB Loading.
July 04, 2010 11:30PM
Not exactly, Xbox360 does this. It just verifies you own the disc and loads it from the hard drive. Even if your disc is marked to crap, there is still a good chance it can read the Title ID.

Do you see what I'm saying?
July 05, 2010 06:08AM
In some cases, this would be better than loading a game from the original disc. However, who would use this instead of the existing USB loaders? Clearly pirates would not, and it would only be extra effort for the rest of us.
July 05, 2010 11:36AM
And the pirates would simply hack the title check out.
July 05, 2010 01:30PM
jbc007
In some cases, this would be better than loading a game from the original disc. However, who would use this instead of the existing USB loaders? Clearly pirates would not, and it would only be extra effort for the rest of us.

True, but none of them are supported here and GBAFail links to guides that brick.

Daid
And the pirates would simply hack the title check out.

True again, but I don't see the need as they have countless USB loaders already. But I see what you mean, they could easily hack it and get support for it.

Just never mind I brought it up. Someone can dispose of this if they wish.

Edit: Quote fail.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/05/2010 01:31PM by Mathew_Wi.
July 06, 2010 03:58PM
You know, I never even noticed the typo in the title.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login