Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

iPhone4

Posted by TopGun96 
iPhone4
July 06, 2010 09:57PM
I know this is a wii hacking forum but there have been conversations about jailbreaking here before. I would like to know if it is possible to jailbreak an iPhone4 on iOS4 and a 3GS (old bootrom) on iOS4. Thanks
Re: iPhone4
July 06, 2010 10:04PM
If you happened to backup your SHSH blobs when you were on 3.1.2, yes. Otherwise, I believe no. (But I may be wrong/misinformed).

If you did, you need to downgrade to 3.1.2 with the SHSH blobs, jailbreak with redsn0w, and use PwnageTool/Sn0wbreeze (for Mac/Windows respectively) to create a custom 4.0 IPSW, which you then restore to the phone with iTunes.

I could find guides for this stuff if you want I'm sure, but if you check Redmond Pie, they usually have guides to that sort of thing.
July 06, 2010 10:10PM
Yeah both are on 4.0 not jailbroken. I guess I will just wait for the brilliant minds of the iPhone Dev Team to figure something out. Thanks

Edit: Just checked Redmond Pie and it seems the dev team already has something that they are working on right now. So I suppose I can wait a little while longer :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2010 10:13PM by TopGun96.
July 06, 2010 10:15PM
iPhone4 won't work at all the way I suggested.

the 3GS, you could jailbreak, but I don't think you could stay on iOS4, I believe you'd need to downgrade to 3.1.3, and jailbreak there. As you can't get down to 3.1.2 without SHSH blobs, you can't use a custom IPSW upgrade and get jailbroken 4.0 AFAIK, but you could have jailbroken 3.1.3, and if you get Backgrounder, Categories and WinterBoard, you pretty much have all the new features of iOS4 anyway.
July 06, 2010 10:21PM
Yeah I know that you can have a jailbroken 3GS on iOS4 but it had to have been previously jailbroken with the SHSH blobs already stored in Cydia's servers. So if there was a way to downgrade from 4.0 to 3.1.2 then I could do it. That is what I understand anyway.
July 06, 2010 10:26PM
I've just found something out:

You can have a jailbroken iOS4 3GS with old bootrom, no problem. Just downgrade to 3.1.3 (no blobs needed), jailbreak with Spirit, then use Spirit2Pwn ( [www.redmondpie.com] ) and then continue to upgrade to 4.0 via a PwnageTool/Sn0wbreeze custom IPSW.

EDIT: Here's a list of the tutorials you need to do in order (I think :P):

[www.redmondpie.com]
[www.redmondpie.com]
[www.redmondpie.com]

Then you should have a nicely jailbroken, 4.0 iPhone 3GS. BTW, make sure you DEFINITELY have the old bootrom before trying it ;)

EDIT: Actually, you may still need the blobs, in which case you can't do it...I'm not really sure I'm afraid.

Edited 3 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2010 10:34PM by SifJar.
July 06, 2010 10:32PM
I have a problem with Spirit, it has never worked for me and on the iphone dev blog it says that Pwnage tool wont work with devices jailbroken with spirit. I just dont trust it.
By the way how do I downgrade? Sorry for being such a pain here...

Edit: You edited while I was posting. I can not use Sn0wbreeze due to the fact that I am on a mac. Thanks though

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2010 10:34PM by TopGun96.
July 06, 2010 10:39PM
PwnageTool won't work with devices jailbroken by Spirit, but Spirit2Pwn uses the Spirit jailbreak to jailbreak the device fully, allowing PwnageTool to work from what I understand. Anyway, with a 3GS, I don't think you can downgrade to 3.1.3 without blobs, so its all irrelevant. Sorry. And I just posted the sn0wbreeze link because I'm on Windows and forget you may not be, PwnageTool would work too, if there was a way to get to 3.1.3.
July 06, 2010 10:45PM
Yeah I read that I couldnt downgrade without the blobs... Well thanks for the help anyway.

:(

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/06/2010 10:50PM by TopGun96.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login