Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Game Loading in Dolphin

Posted by jbc007 
Game Loading in Dolphin
October 05, 2010 05:56AM
I am having problems with the cheat feature in Dolphin, so I'm trying to use Gecko OS to apply game patches (SSBB mod packs, in particular). Gecko loads normally, but whenever I try to launch a game, it fails, reporting that the game's IOS is not found on the NAND or in the game's update partition. In reality, the necessary IOS is in both the NAND dump that I am using as well as in the game's update partition. Therefore, this is an issue with running it through Dolphin.

My guess is that reloading IOS would not work in any case, and I don't see why it should be necessary. My next idea is to modify Gecko to remove IOS version checking and IOS reloading. However, before I bother with this, does anyone know of a better option, or even whether this is likely to work at all?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/05/2010 05:56AM by jbc007.
Re: Game Loading in Dolphin
October 05, 2010 08:27PM
I can't help with getting Gecko OS to work in Dolphin, but I would advise it is probably easier to get cheats working...Try reading the following links:

[code.google.com]
[code.google.com]
[forums.dolphin-emu.com]
[forums.dolphin-emu.com]
Re: Game Loading in Dolphin
October 06, 2010 12:57AM
Thanks for the suggestion. Unfortunately, it seems that Dolphin is not compatible with some of the codes. Some codes cause warnings stating that it is either a bad code or that the code type is not yet supported. I'm inclined to to believe that it is the latter option, since these codes work through Gecko on an actual wii (or at least I think they do, I just used the premade GCT when playing on a wii, but Dolphin does not support this).

In other cases, the game hangs before it loads. I am still in the process of determining whether this is caused by a particular code or simply by the number of codes I am attempting to apply (I'm not sure if this matters). I am fairly sure that I have set everything up correctly, since a few of the codes do work. However, I would prefer to get all of the codes to work, and it seems that Gecko may be the only option until better cheat code support is implemented in Dolphin. That is, if it is even possible to use Gecko in Dolphin.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login