Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Nintendo in the future

Posted by Xylite 
Nintendo in the future
August 14, 2008 05:24PM
Ok changed the topic, lets talk about what nintendo might have to offer us in the next couple of gens, as the holographic memory has been suggested(and also with a possible confirmation)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/15/2008 01:50AM by Xylite.
Re: Names
August 14, 2008 08:40PM
I doubt it that revolution will be in the next one...I mean every Nintendo console is their own revolution in gaming some way. I would be happy with a Wii2 if they did that. Wii2 would be the Wii but everything it didn't have, like Wii motion plus and external HD. But Nintendo will probably fool us all...make a virtual reality system lol.
August 14, 2008 10:37PM
I always liked the name Revolution better than Wii. On a different note I read something the other day that Nintendo is looking into holographic storage for their next console. It will probably be called Reality.
August 14, 2008 10:42PM
Arikado
On a different note I read something the other day that Nintendo is looking into holographic storage for their next console. It will probably be called Reality.
Yeah awhile back InPhase and Nintendo made a deal and will be working together. Check out Holographic storage here.
August 14, 2008 10:44PM
Say goodbye to limited storage space!
August 15, 2008 01:43AM
wouldnt that be awesome, and i dont know if a system should be called reality, maybe itll be HoloWii =D no one will bye that console, sounds like a piece of junk
Re: Nintendo in the future
August 15, 2008 02:48AM
I don't think they system would be called that because of the HD it uses...Then the current one would be called FlashWii lol.
August 15, 2008 03:06AM
and some more inapproprite names called be something like miiwii, but i doubht that.

i think they should just carry on the nintendo name though, maybe like
Ultranintendo
or Mega Nintendo
or Gargantuan Nintendo
or Ginormous Nintendo
or something like that >.<
August 19, 2008 08:33PM
The next Nintendo system should just be the Wii with a storage and graphics update, to keep the best control at the level of the PS4 and Xbox720.
August 19, 2008 08:52PM
Well the current wii's hardware specs are pretty much the same as the Old xbox so the next Nintendo system will probably be the same as this wii but with hardware like the 360, if you look at Nintendo's past systems, every other system is the same as the previous with only a slight hardware upgrade. SNES is basically a NES with better hardware, then the N64 they unleash 3d graphics and then the gamecube is basically a n64 with better graphics and the wii they unleash motion sensing.
August 19, 2008 09:01PM
Arikado&DrMario... i don't think it is going to went like that, because then... they just update the spec, and that is something nintendo refuse to do... they end up like MS and Sony in an spec race.
August 20, 2008 12:46AM
@Dykam
Yes, but the "casual" audience would never notice. The "hardcore" audience is dying for a graphics update with the already precise fps (metroid) control.
August 20, 2008 03:23AM
For me it's not so much more specs for graphics but for larger levels, better online play like Live, and I think the specs not being good enough is why metroid could not have online multiplayer. I'm kind of annoyed with Nintendo leaving out the Hardcore audience that was with them for years for this new casual audience, last time I checked people of the Hardcore audience by 10 times more games than the casual audience so it is surprising that the wii is doing so well. I'm finding these new games much too easy and short as opposed to NES games like Megaman and N64 games Like Zelda OoT, TP was by far easier in my opinion and I never got stuck or had any trouble with any of the simple puzzles.
August 20, 2008 03:32AM
I don't have too much of an opinion since I don't have any super new games BUT I prefer a cheaper system with less spec then $600 cost.
August 20, 2008 04:23AM
pinball Wizard
I don't have too much of an opinion since I don't have any super new games BUT I prefer a cheaper system with less spec then $600 cost.
I agree, the PS3 went way overboard considering all that stuff gets outdated so quickly, right now the 360 has the right combination at around $300 and has pretty good specs but didn't go overboard, I suppose the high specs also act like an anti-pirating measure because when the NES, SNES and N64 came out, they had pretty good emulation right away but consoles like the 360 and PS3 will take years before people can figure out how to write good emulators for them and PCs are powerful enough (rule being about 7 times as powerful to emulate the system)
August 20, 2008 04:29AM
I agree there but will never EVER EVER touch microsoft products. I would rather use no technology at all then ever help microsoft.
August 20, 2008 04:56AM
pinball Wizard
I agree there but will never EVER EVER touch microsoft products. I would rather use no technology at all then ever help microsoft.
I can tell since that one program you are making is for mac, personally I've loved Microsoft since DOS and have had no reason to switch, I felt the same way about iPods because of Apples monopoly in that business and locking you into itunes but I eventually got one and just use mediamonkey (I don't know how it is for mac but itunes sucks for windows), I'm also considering dual-booting my current PC with ubuntu after giving the live CD a try on my old PC with a busted hard drive.

Now we are kinda going off-topic but then again, that is what this section is for but back to Nintendo in the future. Pretty soon with that new adapter for the wii remotes we will need a firmware update, hopefully they don't block out the HBC again since we would need this unlike the useless 3.3 update which we still managed to get around. (maybe we should have saved the updated TP hack for 3.4 and just never bothered installing 3.3 but who knows, Team Twiizers may have other tricks up their sleeve)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/20/2008 05:01AM by DrMario.
August 20, 2008 08:33AM
DrMario
For me it's not so much more specs for graphics but for larger levels, better online play like Live, and I think the specs not being good enough is why metroid could not have online multiplayer. I'm kind of annoyed with Nintendo leaving out the Hardcore audience that was with them for years for this new casual audience, last time I checked people of the Hardcore audience by 10 times more games than the casual audience so it is surprising that the wii is doing so well. I'm finding these new games much too easy and short as opposed to NES games like Megaman and N64 games Like Zelda OoT, TP was by far easier in my opinion and I never got stuck or had any trouble with any of the simple puzzles.
Nintendo isn't leaving out the hardcore gamers...At least I don't feel left out. It's just that great games take lots of time, and simple games like Wii Fit take only a little. I'm pretty satisfied with the 3 games that they gave us (Galaxy, Twilight, Brawl). Plus you can't forget about the other developers hardcore games (like right now I'm playing RE: Umbrella Cronicles). And lastly Wii will have many games such as Pikmin, apparently another Zelda and Mario, and the possibility of a brand new F zero, Star Fox, and others classics I can't think off.
August 20, 2008 04:31PM
DrMario
pinball Wizard
I can tell since that one program you are making is for mac, personally I've loved Microsoft since DOS and have had no reason to switch, I felt the same way about iPods because of Apples monopoly in that business and locking you into itunes but I eventually got one and just use mediamonkey (I don't know how it is for mac but itunes sucks for windows), I'm also considering dual-booting my current PC with ubuntu after giving the live CD a try on my old PC with a busted hard drive.

Now we are kinda going off-topic but then again, that is what this section is for but back to Nintendo in the future. Pretty soon with that new adapter for the wii remotes we will need a firmware update, hopefully they don't block out the HBC again since we would need this unlike the useless 3.3 update which we still managed to get around. (maybe we should have saved the updated TP hack for 3.4 and just never bothered installing 3.3 but who knows, Team Twiizers may have other tricks up their sleeve)

We might not need the update for homebrew at least. It uses serial communication, nothing more, so it should work without an update.
August 20, 2008 10:39PM
I only like Sony and Nintendo for consoles and Microsoft for computers.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login