Welcome! Log In Create A New Profile

Advanced

Buy the world's worst game for your iPhone, support Child's Play

Posted by tueidj 
Buy the world's worst game for your iPhone, support Child's Play
November 22, 2010 02:59AM
You may or may not have heard about Desert Bus For Hope, an event staged by LoadingReadyRun each year where they attempt to play Desert Bus (definitely the most boring game in the world) while raising money for Child's Play, a charity created to provide hospitals with video games for sick children.

After watching last year's event I had the stupid idea to recreate Desert Bus for the wii, and Aaron (AerialX) took it one step further and ported it to the iPhone. It is now available in the Cydia store for $0.99, and all the profits are being donated to Desert Bus For Hope. If you have a jailbroken iPhone/iPad/iPod Touch please consider buying it or at least help spread the word about it via Twitter or Facebook to let other people know about it. More money raised means more of these great video game systems being sent out to the hospitals to make things a little better for the kids. Also if you like a challenge, there are not many gaming feats more hardcore than scoring a point in Desert Bus.
Re: Buy the world's worst game for your iPhone, support Child's Play
November 22, 2010 03:47PM
I already passed on my compliments to AerialX earlier; I can't even begin to tell you how cool this is. Seriously, great work! I will be purchasing Desert Bus for several of my iDevice owning friends and spreading the word as much as I can.
December 23, 2010 08:19AM
thanks for the heads up
November 21, 2011 02:12AM
*BUMP*

Desert Bus For Hope is on again (it actually started several days ago) and this year the Desert Bus app can be found in both the official Apple App Store and the Android Market for the extremely reasonable price of $0.99 (the wii build also got an update a little while ago). Just like last year, all profits will be donated.
Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login